Crocheting Blog

Spring Clean While Helping Others: Donating Your Yarn

Spring cleaning shouldn’t be limited to laundering curtains and cleaning windows. You’ve let that yarn pile up for years, and you barely know what’s in your knitting or crochet stash. Why not include donating yarn as part of your spring cleaning this year?

Here are a few tips for donating yarn, plus ideas for how to organize the yarn you plan to keep.

Destash scrap yarn
A portion of my yarn stash scraps before spring cleaning

Donating yarn

There are plenty of places that would love to benefit from your destashing and spring cleaning. I’ve already covered how to donate your knitted and crochet items to charity, and in fact, a lot of those same places can benefit from your yarn, too! Here are a few ideas:

Schools

A lot of schools don’t budget for art supplies, so donating yarn to an art class is a great idea. Some schools also sponsor after-school programs that include knitting and crochet groups, so your yarn could even benefit those kids.

Art centers

From art galleries to art education nonprofits, there are plenty of organizations out there who host art events. Even if you’re just donating an inexpensive acrylic, there’s someone who can benefit. Call nonprofits and art centers in your town to see if they need yarn donations, then load up a rainbow of colors and drop it off!

Nursing homes

Many nursing homes host craft nights for their residents. Since not all nursing home residents are fortunate enough to have family who can bring them these supplies, yarn donations are especially helpful. A knitter or crocheter would be happy to turn that yarn you’re not using into something beautiful.

Yarn scrap organizer

What to do with extra yarn

The ideal situation when you’re finishing a project is to finish with just enough yarn left. But, please, when has that ever happened? If you end up with extra yarn, there are a few things you can do with it:

Stash it

If you think you have a use for the yarn in the future, add it to your stash. As part of my spring cleaning this year, I made a yarn stash organizer (pictured above). I recycled cereal boxes into yarn bobbins, then wrapped my scrap yarn around them. I secured each one to a wire clothesline using clothespins with decorative washi tape stuck to them. Now I can clearly see which yarns are in my stash, plus I have an awesome wall hanging for my craft room!

Use it

There are plenty of small projects out there that only require yarn scraps rather than full skeins. Check out a couple of our favorite ideas for using up your yarn scraps, including wall art and jewelry.

Return or exchange it

Save your receipts! If the skein is untouched, most local yarn stores will accept returns or exchanges. Check your local yarn store’s policy to see if a return or exchange will be possible when buying your yarn.

Sell it

If you can’t return your extra yarn, why not sell it online? Be sure to include the dye lot. You never know when another knitter might need that exact skein to finish a project.

Trade it

Take the extra skeins to your knitting group and offer a trade. Have your eye on something in your friend’s stash? Suggest a trade. It never hurts to ask!

Where do you donate yarn that you aren’t going to use? Is organizing craft supplies part of your spring cleaning this year?

Melissa bishop

Please I’m hardbound and I a tremendous amount of pain! One of the few things that I can do is crochet !we are having the absolute worst time financial crisis we have ever experienced! We have lost everything! I’m begging you to please donate any yarn you can to give me a little hope back! Missy bishop,716 south state st, Kendallville ,Indiana, 46755.
I am begging you with all my heart! My phone number is 260-242-5317

Melissa bishop

Please,I am disabled, and bedbound ,and I am wheelchair as well I am married to a wonderful man, who is a disabled veteran. We are having the worst time financially in our lives. We have lost everything and I am begging you to please donate me some yarn. I have just had the worst surgery in my life, the pain is so bad! The one thing I can do is crochet! How can I buy yarn,when we can’t afford food? I am begging you to please donate yarn to me? It’s something to give me that helps to give me a way to deal with the pain and suffering of losing everything! My phone number is 260-242-5317/ my address is 716 South State St. Kendallville, In. 46755 Please remind me that there is Hope and that people do still care enough to give to others? !!!praying and hurting. and begging for yarn THANK YOU SO MUCH, Missy Bishop

Sarah

Hi Missy – I have quite a bit of soft, colorful acrylic yarn that I would love to donate. Are you still needing yarn?
-Sarah

Rachael mackay

Hi I could really use some yarn if anyone is getting rid of any… I can’t afford any new stuff and regularly check the second hand store in my small town but there’s never any actual good crochet or knitting yarn; I would love love love some chunky big yarn! My address is Rachael MacKay 2670 auto road SE salmon arm British Columbia Canada v1e2h4 my husband won’t allow me to spend any money on new yarns or craft supply so I almost want to cry when I read about or see beautiful projects that I know i could make too but will never ever be able to afford; as well as the fact that I have borderline personality disorder and am just coming up into 1 year clean off heroin; and knitting and crocheting takes my mind off everything and is really a good way for me to ground myself… especially when I am upset or thinking about traumatic experiences from my childhood and time on the street as a sex trade worker. When I am working with my hands on something simple even like a scarf or blanket… I let myself feel okay.

Sarah

Hi Rachael,

It’s great to know that crafting items using your hands and yarn is helping you to overcome past traumas. Are you still needing yarn donations? I have a lot of older acrylic yarn that I can send. I also have a skein or two of some nicer stuff from a fancy yarn shop that closed in my town.
Do you want a particular yarn weight, like Worsted, Bulky, Fingering, or Lace?

Georgia

I have a stash of different yarns, from bulky to lace. Do you still want or need some? I would be glad to. send it to you.

cheryl Hicks

hi my name is Cheryl hicks and I love knitting I,m 53 and can’t buy yarn if you can donate my some yarn i’ll be very happy thank you

Jutta

Hi Cheryl ,
Where are u located. I have a lot of yarn and like to give it away or even send it if it’ s not to much to send

Linda Miller

Cheryl – I have lots of yarn I could send you – please let me know your address.

Georgia

Please send me your address and. I will gladly send
It to you different types and colors, from silver lace to bulky tweed. Just let me know.

Pearl

Melissa, Do you still need yarn? If so, is the address listed still the correct one? Thanks

Vanessa

I have a Crochet Club for a cause at the alternative school that I teach at. We have many low income families that we serve in our district and we are crocheting hats, scarves and blankets for those families. If anyone is willing to donate yarn for our cause, please email me at vkloska@psd202.org or mail to Vanessa Kloska at Plainfield Academy, 23930 W. Lockport street, Plainfield, IL 60544. Thank you and bless you!

Maureen Lorusso

Are you still looking for yarn? I am doing some cleaning up and could ship you a box. Let me know if you are interested?

Alexandra

I have tons of yarn and live close to Plainfield and could deliver them to your place. Just confirm that you still need the yarn.

Anne D.

am sending you some yarn today! anne

Angelica McDermott

I have a great amount of yarn that I wish to donate . If you still need or can use all types of yarn, please email me and I will be happy to ship the yarn. It has been in a smoke free home.

Judy

Melissa, do you still need yarn? I will be happy to send you some. Please let me know.

JANE

I HAVE PLENTY OF YARN. LIVE IN UTAH. IF YOU NEED SOME FOR CHARITY PLEASE LET ME KNOW. JANE

Susan

Do you still need yarn? Your Phone was out of service-so please reply.

Angelica

I have yarn to donate if you still need it. Please respond to Angelica @
degrandpre101@aol.com

give your name and full address.

Nasser

Hi Melissa,
I just called you regarding the yarn my name is Nasser. And will send you 2 big box of yarn I will talke care of all shipping and delivery costs

Nasser. From Qatar Middle East

anne

do u still want yarn?

Helga Reynolds

Hi Melissa,
I am sending off a box of yarn and hope you can use the small scraps also.
Helga

Sharon Lamb

Are you still looking for yarn?

Amanda

I desperately need yarn for my non-profit organization. We need lots of yarn for Earth Day on April 22nd!!

Anne D.

Hi Amanda, where should I send my yarn?

Dale

Amanda,

I have a lot of yarn I want to get rid of all weights and colors some full skeins some remnants. Please let me know if you still need it.

Amy

Hi Amanda,

I have a large bag of various cotton yarn. If you share your address I’ll send it to you for Eath Day. .

lydia Kalt

Hi If you are still in need of unused yarns I am happy to send it to you. Please leave me your mailing address.

Happy to help

Linda Miller

I have lots of yarn left over from my mother’s projects. Please let me know where to send.

Dina

Do u still need yarn ? I have yarn I’d wish to donate

Ann Love

Missy, I have some yarn I would love to send you, if you still need some. Hope you are feeling better. Ann

Angela land

Hi missy. I have a lot of washable wool yarn in many colors. Also lace weight silk/wool blends in beautiful colors. Patrons wool mostly earth tones. Linen yarns and linen/ merino blends. Cottons. Some bamboos can u choose from any of those? Oh also acrylic baby yarn

samimiami

Hello I’m looking for some soft bamboo yarn:) I’ve been trying to make things but can’t afford to get the yarn:( if somone could please help me with some soft wearable yarn I would gladly appreciate it:) been at home due to medical problems and want somthing to keep me going:) please and thanks

Sherry

I really need yarn.. I have ptsd and anxiety so crocheting keeps me calm but on disability so I cant afford much. I’m down to 2 skeins and any colors would work. I make blankets then gift them to nursing homes. Please Please help. Address is 201 Jefferson st. apt.a Lowell, Ar 72745 Thanks.. Sherry Briggs

Pearl

Do you still need yarn? I would be happy to send what I have.

Mary Robertson

Do you still need yarn? I will send if you do.

Susan

Sherry,

Do you still need yarn? I have lots of yarn and many half finished projects that you could unwind. I’d be happy to ship it to you.

Best,
Susan

Judy

If you still need yarn, I have lot and am looking to donate it. Please let me know.

Mary

Hello – just checking to see if I can send you some skeins of yarn?

anne

Hi Sherry I have lots of yarn do u still want?

Kelley

Are you still in need? I can send what I have

sherry briggs

Yes still in need. Thanks

Martha

Who needs yarn? Post your name and address, I am having a house purging and some unused yarn must go! I will pay postage.

Nancy kudler

Yarn needed for senior knitters who donate knit and crocheted baby and children’s hats, lap blankets and baby blankets Mail to :
Joan Muset , Birch Hill
200 Alliance Way
Apt 102
Manchester NH 03102
United States

Susan

Nancy,

Is the Senior Center still looking for yarn?

Best,
Susan

Lori Gelhard

Hi Nancy, Do you still need yarn? I have a ton I can send to you, mixed lots, cotton, bamboo and wool.
Please let me know,
Happy Holidays,
Lori

Patricia Placido

Looking for yarn donations for crochet group to make blankets for Project Linus in CT

Cindy Atkins

what’s the mailing address? I have tons of yarn, will send some

Jayne Blume

yes yarn is needed thank you so much. You’ll never know how much I would appreciate it.
address is p o box 3751 WEST COLUMBIA,SC USA 29171

Susan

I have so much yarn! But what kind are you looking for? Plus knitting and crochet books.

Peggy gray

I Desperately could use yarn if you still Have some to share. thanks in advance . Peggy Gray 19 simplicity rd keysville va23947

Rita Fleisher

Do you still need yarn? I have more than I will ever use! Will send .

sherry briggs

201 Jefferson st. Apt.a Lowell Arkansas 72745

Connie

Have a lot of yarn some only single skeins.would like to donate to someone that could put to good use
Please forward address and I will send

Peggy gray

Me please !!

Peggy gray

I could use some yarn. I’m disabled due to back surgery . I would love to be able to crochet my grandkids sweaters , headbands and hats for Christmas. I would love to have whatever anyone can send. My address is 19
simplicity rd keysville va. 23947.

Melissa

I have a ton of acrylic and some wool yarn I would love to donate to a good cause. Looking to send it to a good home far away! Please contact me with your address ASAP and I will send you what I’ve got!

yarnoverandover (at) gmail (dot) com

Veronica

I have yarn and crochet material in Sacramento Ca. Free

Beverly Kapp

I have lots of knitting yarn to give to someone. Been knitting for years and just cannot continue to keep all this yarn. I will box it up and send it to you. Just let me know where to send it. All kinds of yarn.

Irina Maslova

Hi Beverly!
Your post is from a few months back but if you still have yarn you would be willing to donate, that would be fantastic! Everything will be used to knit or crochet blankets for homeless vets in the ft. Campbell / Nashville Tn area. Thank you so much, in advance!

Nora P.

Hi, I have some yard to donate. Are you interested?

Cindy

Hi Lois,
Do you still need yarn? I would be glad to send you some.
Cindy

chris manquat

hi , do you still need yarn. I could send you a box.

Ann

I am located in the DMV area and looking to donate yarn to charities, nursing homes, etc. I have all kinds and colors. I will box up and mail to organizations or deliver depending on distance.

Jenny Pabst

My mom runs kaHugs… you can find her on facebook! She collects yarn, any style/size/color/amount and crotchets afghans for patients at area hospitals and medical facilities… she’s an angel ๐Ÿ™‚ Send any yarn to her! kaHugs 2010 Dunzweiler Dr. Zanesville, OH 43701. Thank You!!!!

Joy Schwarzkopf

I just found her on Facebook and sent a friend request so if she she’s that and wonders who the heck it is… it’s me. I have a lot of partial skeins I would like to donate if she wants them. Probably some full skeins too that I won’t be using.

Suzanne

Does she still need yarn? I have quite a bit, most of it wool.

Joy crook

I have a lot of yarn to donate to someone who will put it to good use. Send me your name and address. I will pay shipping.

Kathy Sidwell

Hi Joy Crook! I wrote the above message about my mother using left over yarn to make afghans for chemo patients… we would love your extra yarn! address is 2010 Dunzweiler Drive Zanesville, OHIO 43701. Thank you so much!!!

Krissy

Were you still looking for donations? I’m cleaning my closet and finding a lot of yarn that I can send your way.

Judy Baker

Hello Joy
I have several colors of worsted weight yarn that I would love to give you. All of them enough to make a afghan.

Mary Keeney

I have a bag full of yarn I will send to you in the next few days. I’m so happy to have it go to good use!

sherry briggs

I could use some yarn. I makes blankets for nursing homes. Sherry Briggs 201 Jefferson st. Apt a Lowell Arkansas 72745

Andrea Shaw

Sherry,

Do you still need yarn? If so do you have preferred weights or colors? And would you be OK with taking apart partially finished projects? I am spring cleaning and have a lot of yarn to give away.

sandy

any charity knitters/crocheters in the Clarksville, tn area needing yarn &/or patterns? I will be happy to donate.

Irina Maslova

Hi Sandy!
I came across your post and figured I would reach out to you in case your yarn was still available. I live in Ft. Campbell/Clarkville. We knit and crochet blankets to donate to veterans here in our area. If you still have yarn available, that would be amazing! It doesn’t matter what color or type, everything will be put to use. Even if we don’t have enough for a blanket, we recycle and make smaller projects like hats and long socks.
Thanks so much in advance!

Erin

I have lots of yarn to donate. What is your address?

Donnajean Bartlett

I have lots of yarn to donate and some patterns. What is your address, I will ship it to you.
Please email me.

chicagoMoxie

I have knitted and crocheted for lots of years but can not do it any longer due to arthritis. I have lots of yarn to donate to a good cause. I will pay for shipping. Let me know where to send it.

arcy

Have a group of kids from church willing to make scarfs for homeless people. They are excited to start and donate them in winter time. The goal is to donate the scarfs with a warm burrito and a hot chocolate. Please donate yarn at 3100 Hero Point in EL Paso TX. 79938

arcy

We would love to have your yarn. It will be used for a good cause. Look at my address below. Thanks!

Jennifer

Hi,
I just became homeless and I am having a hard time adjusting. I need something to help keep me busy while I am waiting for jobs to call be back. I really want to make blankets for children that are homeless, my 2 babies are in the shelter with me and they inspire me to make comfort blankies for them and other children and even adults, I am looking all over for someone to donate a pair of circular knitting needles and yarn, i will also take fleece to make no sew fleece blankets, I will knit you a blanket please help me. youtube is getting boring ๐Ÿ™‚ I am in the DMV area

PLEASE HELP!!!

Stressed mother of 2

Laurel

Jennifer, I know this is several months since you posted this and I hope that you have found a more permanent living situation, but if you are still in need of yarn I would be happy to give you some of my stash; I also live in the DMV area.

-Laurel

RISE

Hello all!
Social Work student here looking to see if anyone has any unneeded yarn for a high school girls knitting and crotchet group! Any amount is appreciated! Feel free to shoot me an email at rise316@uasbyw.net
Thank you so much!
-Kristina

Ann Roushar

I am moving and can’t move all my yarn. Is there anyone in MN who can use it?

Suzanne

I have yarn I’d like to donate, mostly wool. Please let me know if someone out there could use it.

Bob Dobashi

Hello, wife is cleaning her sewing room and we have all kinds of yarn to donate. In southern CA, but I think I can ship anywhere to who ever is in need, hopeful honest responders.

Barbara MH

I am going through phases of purging some of my yarn, and I currently have about 7 (acrylic) skeins (1 partially used, but still on the needles waiting to be frogged) along with a pattern for “Knit Ripple Blanket” that I’m happy to donate to someone in need – am happy to ship to wherever within the USA. Fyi, the pattern is for the yarn, so all that’s needed is the correct needles for gauge on the pattern.

Liisa

I have a couple of large boxes of yarn to donate for charity knitting. Looking for someone to take it off my hands in metro-Detroit area; there is too much to ship!! There is a wide variety, most of it complete skeins.

arcy

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR THE DONATIONS. GOD BLESS YOU!

Mindy

I work for an organization called BAG IT and we are looking for soft yarn donations for our volunteers to make chemo caps for newly diagnosed cancer patients. http://www.bagit4u.org Any donations are appreciated. Thank you!

Susan

I love making stuff for my family and friends. I just learned to knit and found it very relaxing and rewarding. I am even teaching my granddaughter to crochet and knit. Unfortunately, I can’t afford the yarn to keep up anymore. Would welcome any help possible. In the southeast of North Carolina.

Sandra West

My mother and I have literally an entire ROOM full of yarn- acrylic, soft/baby, homespun, mohair, specialty yarns -you name it, we have it! About 1/4 of it is already packaged with a specific pattern (mostly Afghans).
I’m on the Denver metro area.
Any takers?
I’d be happy to ship anything, anywhere. Just tell me what you would like.
Sandra

Ellora

I’m not sure if you still have any yarn but if you did I would really appreciate it. I’ve started a knitting club at my high school and we would really appreciate any donations, especially yarn for baby hats or the like. Any yarn would be a huge help, so thank you in advance. You can contact me at elloradaley@gmail,com Thanks!

Rebecca Hauxwell

Hello if anyone can donate to me I’m making wooly hats and blankets for the homeless and those in need would be very grateful

Brianna Oversby

Hello crafters!

I run a sewing and crochet class for an amazing group of parents in Brownsville Brooklyn. I am constantly trying to find materials to facilitate all of the beautiful creative work they do but funds are tight. Any spare fabric, yarn or supplies for either you might have would be so appreciated. And we would repay you with beautiful pictures of our creations! You can contact me at Brianna.oversby@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Kathy

I have at least 4-5 boxes of new yarn that I would love to find someone who could put it to good use. I will incur all shipping cost or deliver it in person ( I live in NYC ). Please let me know ASAP since I put it in my living room recently knowing that I am have guests for Thanksgiving and thought this would be good incentive to find a home for it.

Ellora

I started a knitting club at my high school (Boson area) and would really appreciate any donations! We’re working on blankets for the homeless and baby hats to donate right now, but anything would be great! You can contact me at elloradaley@gmail.com Thank you so much for your time!

Jennifer Collett

I started a crochet club in my school with my third and fourth graders. We are looking for any donations to our club. We plan to send them to shelters and various other places. Please contact me at jcollett@gbtps.org

Valerie Neiman

I’m a stay at home mom of three boys. I have ptsd, depression and really bad anxiety. I’m unable to work due to my anxiety. Crocheting has tremendously helped keep me busy and has helped with everything. I also just started making things for my local children’s hospital that has saved not one but all three of my children’s lives over the last few years. I’m starting to runlow on what yarn I have that was givin to me by a friend who’s mom passed a few months ago. And due to the fact that we are a one income family I can’t afford to buy anymore. If anyone could help in anyway I thank you. If you can help please email me at valneiman18@gmail.com

Lisa Gleaton

Valerie,
I just emailed you. Email me back with an address and I will send you some lovely yarn to put your creative talents toward using. I simply bought too much!
Happy holidays!

Fawn Jenkins

My name is fawn. I’m 44 and basically bed or chair bound due to a bad back. Surgery is in my near future. I’m in desperate need for yarn not only to make stuff for me and my family to use but I did donate hats, scarves and blankets to nursing homes before I lost all my income due to not being able to work because of my back. I miss having a purpose .. now all I am is a crippled lump. If anyone at all can donate yarn to me, give me something to look forward to I would greatly appreciate it so very much.

cynthia loiacono

HI! fawn,
wondering if you are still in need of yarn. I have some I would love to send to you. If so you can email me your full name and address at: clayo4@aol.com

Gina M Leong

Fawn, I have tons of yarn that I need to get rid off. I bought way too much to use in my lifetime. I also have a lot of knitting needles. Please email me your address and I would be happy to pass these along for your creations!

Fawn Jenkins

Gina. My address is 5868 creekview ct E apt b Portage Indiana 46368. My names fawn jenkins. If your able to send yarn at all that would be great

Fawn Jenkins

Dtj7710@yahoo.com thanks gina so much. Let me know when u email me since I hardly ever check my email. I will then send you my address.. words can’t describe how truly thankful I am for this help.

Sarah

Hi Fawn, are you still seeking yarn? I have a few skeins of acrylic I’d be happy to see go to a good home!

Fawn Jenkins

Sarah, I am thank you. Again my emails dtj7710@yahoo.com. please let me know when you email me since I hardly ever check my email address. Any yarn at all is most appreciated . I have not crocheted for months so I can’t wait to jump back in.

Yarissa

Hi Fawn,
Do you work with Wool (needs to be spun). I raise angoras and would like to donate wool.

Fawn Jenkins

Yes plz yarissa. My fully names fawn jenkins
5858 creekview ct E apt b Portage Indiana 46368. I’ve been waiting for ever to crochet. Thank you so so very much

Lisa Carter

Hi my name is Lisa Carter. I am a teacher at Alexander Hamilton Elementary School. I am looking for donations of yarn and crochet needles. I am in Baltimore City in an impoverished neighborhood. The school does not have many finances and is in need of classes that will help students learn a craft and deal with adverse situations at home and in the community.

Meg

Hi Lisa,
Are you still in need of yarn? I recently went through my stash and have a large bag I would be willing to donate. I would just need to know where to send the yarn.

Jess S.

Hi Lisa! I live in Baltimore and could donate some yarn. Please share your email and I’ll get in touch!

Vivian T

Hi my name is Vivian T. I am currently a member of Arnold Air Society at the Sacramento detachment. I am trying to start a project to provide scarves and hats to the local homeless community. But due to being a full time college student, I am unable to fund this local project. Any and all yarn donations will be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at vvt392@gmail.com. On behalf of Sacramento’s AAS, I would like to thank everyone that has read this message and all that will donate.

Ellen

I sent you an email.

Toni L.

Hello, if anyone would like to have some yarn donated let me know. I have an over abundance of various yarn and would be willing to send it to whoever can use it. Some yarn can be used for baby items as well as blankets. You may contact me at amlucas04@gmail.com

Ellen

I don’t know if anyone is able to help or not, but I was recently hurt in an accident about a year ago which left me with little mobility remaining in my arms. Crocheting pretty much has become my life and sadly living in the town I do there aren’t many job opportunities for someone who cannot use their arms.
The crocheting gives me something I can do to keep some mobility. And it helps me with coping with the depression as well. I have created an online storefront on mercari called CrochettoCope.

The only thing is, I don’t have the financial means to purchase yarn (I know that sounds like an excuse but even cheap 3.00 yarn is out of my price range.)

If anyone is able to and willing to donate yarn I’d really appreciate the kindness.

My address is listed below.

Elle B
58 N. Main st apt. F
Union city, Pa
16438

Thank you for even reading this.

Paula Johnson

Hi Elle!
Do you still need yarn? I have worsted and DK weight yarn in many colors if you are still looking for some. Email me at peeohh99@gmail.com to let me know.

Imani

Hello i am looking to start a summer crochet program for the children and adults in my neighborhood. I live in an at risk neighborhood that doesn’t have anything positive for our children and i just want them to learn something that may help them build character, self esteem, and help them to become entrepreneurs. Thank you in advance
Imani

Maureen

Hi Imani

Where are you located.
I have a bag of many different types and colors of yarn I could give you.
Please give me an address to mail to.

Lois Wright

I am totally disabled with scolosis and severe osteoporosis. I am heading into a back surgery where they will be putting metal rods up each side of my spine and screw them together. I will be laid up and in recovery for over 6 months. I have no means to buy any at this time. Crocheting will give me something to do for the next 6 months while i am stuck in bed. If anyone has any extra yarn, any yarn at all, no matter how little, I would greatly appreciate it. My name is Lois Wright 8887 Webb Road Versailles, Mo 65084 . My email address is loiscwright@gmail.com

Ellen F Shaffer

Hi Lois,
I sent you an email.

Rosie

I have so much yarn. I live in texas, Belton….too much to mail any where.

Heather Hessler

Hi Annie, I can pay for some of it to get shipped. I really need yan for my charity! Pls send me an email thehesslers@att.net.

Thanks,
Heather Hessler

Annie

There is no mention of fabric. I have an OVERLOAD of fabric I am willing to donate. Anyone??

Imani

Imani

Stacy

If you still have fabric to donate, I would LOVE to incorporate it in our YARN BOMBING project! You can mail me at proudmama@gmail.com

Heather Hessler

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can spare some yarn. I am making winter wear for the less fortunate / homeless men, women and children in my area. There is no crochet for charity here, so it’s just me. One woman crocheting day and night to make these item’s. I buy yarn when I can, but on a limited income there’s only so much I can do. Anything will help.

Mary D Fischetti

How about some scarves I made? I’d be happy to send them if I knew they’d be given away and not sold.

Stacy

Mary, I am looking for a few scarves to include in my yarn bombing project (I just posted today). When the project is complete, the scarves will be available for wearing ๐Ÿ˜€ We are planning to do lots of fun things with our yarn bombing, including making wearable art.

Jamie strong

I have yarn to donate. Please contact me. Jastrong@hotmail.com. and i will send it out.

Heather Hessler

Jamie, I just sent you an email. Do you still have yarn to donate? A couple more Warming Shelters opened and are in desperate need.

Vivian Baker

I have lots of yarn to donate. I prefer giving it to someone who will use it. I am sewing more and knitting less. Yarn needs to be used. I have all kinds.

Heather Hessler

Vivian,
Do you still have yarn that you would like to donate? If so, I will give you my email and address.
Email: thehesslers@att.net
Address:
Heather Hessler
1121 W. Harris St
Appleton, WI 54914

It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

M. Senters

I have many skeins of 100 percent wool mostly dk#4 weight,many colors. Let me know if you would like to receive and what exactly the organization that would use.
Hopefully these beautiful yarns can be used for good!

Heather Hessler

M. Senters,

I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My charity is The Warming Project. It’s just me. I crochet winter wear for the less fortunate / homeless men, women and children in my area. Your yarn would be nice and warm for our WI winters!
My email is : thehesslers@att.net
My address is :
1121 W. Harris St
Appleton, WI 54914

Heather Hessler

ROBERTA

I have lots of yarn to donate. Am in Danville, Va. I will mail it out (preferably on east coast).
Roberta

Heather Hessler

Roberta,
That would be wonderful!! My email is: thehesslers@att.net. My address is:
1121 W. Harris St
Appleton, WI 54914

Thank you so very much!
Heather Hessler

Stacy

Hello!! I am looking for CREATIVE MOMS ๐Ÿ˜€

I am a 40-something Indiana Mom, and I am working with a couple of local moms creating a YARN BOMBING project supporting MOTHERING in central Indiana. We would love donations of* *yarn* OR *completed pieces* to help us finish designing, assembling, and installing the project much sooner ๐Ÿ˜€

Email proudmama@gmail.com

Here is a list of what we need to complete the project:

Single crochet or any stitch ๐Ÿ˜€
– acrylic yarn in WHITE and BLACK to use to assemble the colorful pieces
– acrylic yarn in BRIGHT colors and PURPLES
– 5×5 inch or smaller Adornments that support MOTHERING, such as HEARTS, using BRIGHT COLORS(hot pink, bright purple, turquoise, or coordinating colors)
– crocheted or knitted 7×7 inch squares
– crocheted or knitted 7×36 inch rectangles

SUGGESTED BASIC PATTERN FOR COMPLETED YARN BOMBING PIECES:

CROCHET HOOK SIZE “M” for Mothering
Row 1: Chain 21, one turning chain
Row 2 – ? Repeat until you get a square or rectangle and tie off, leave a long tail if you have it.

Margaret Bruce

I have lots of yarn to donate. Some came from an estate (wool, cotton, and mixed acrylic. Some baby yarn.

Brandon Omarro

I could really use some yarn. Just moved and broke. Trying to make rugs, washcloths and blankets.. Email is brandonomarro@gmail.com