I don’t know about you but we’ve got baby fever! Whip up some cute projects for your favorite newborn, whether your preferred craft is sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, cake decorating, and more, with these baby themed projects, patterns and classes!
Then, show off your crafty baby projects by joining the #DIYBaby Contest! Here’s how:
- Upload your #DIYBaby projects to the Craftsy Project Gallery.
- Write #DIYBaby in the title so we know it’s an entry.
- Share your projects on your favorite social sites and include #DIYBaby in your Facebook post, tweet, or Instagram photo.
- We’ll randomly select a project on Monday August 19, 2013, and the designer will win a FREE online Craftsy class of their choice!
And now on to your inspiration…
1. Create a quilt they’ll cherish forever.
Whip up the Owl Baby Quilt pattern by Cottage Quilt Designs. Made from easy strip pieced blocks and simple fusible large shapes, this quilt is the perfect gift for a baby boy. Or switch out the blue with pink, and sew it for your favorite baby girl. Even better, the quilting feather motif in the baby hoots’ tummies is included in the pattern.
2. Baby’s first blanket.
The free Elephant Baby Quilt pattern by Happy Dance Quilting will bring tons of happiness to any baby, for years to come. Cozy, playful, and pretty this quilt pattern even comes with a wonderful binding tip.
3. Sew the perfect outfit for your little one.
Help your little buddy relax in style with the adorable Baby Sweatsuit pattern by Heidiandfinn. A classic yet modern design that is a staple for any girls’ or boys’ wardrobe. Made with nearly any knit fabric, the possibilities with this pattern really are endless!
4. Keep their toes warm with knit booties.
These are bestselling booties: the Daisy Baby Booties pattern by OasiDellaMaglia. And, it’s no wonder why! These gorgeous booties featuring cute flowers are both feminine and adorable. Make a pair for your favorite baby girl!
5. Crochet a keepsake.
The Crocheted Owl Blanket pattern by Marken makes for a wonderful gift. Achievable for even an intermediate crocheter, this pattern enables you to play with colors, so you can customize it for any baby.
6. Beautiful baby booties by you.
7. An amazing animal-topped cake
8. Cute mustache cake
9. Knit a huggable toy animal