Are you going on a vacation or road trip this summer? Take Craftsy with you!
Celebrate the ability to access Craftsy anywhere there's Internet (whether it's through mobile apps on your iPhone or iPad, or on your computer) by taking our mascot, Mr. Fluffs with you as you travel. Show us where you and Craftsy go together by participating in the Craftsy Road Trip contest. Share a photo with Mr. Fluffs and collect votes to win great prizes*, including FREE Craftsy classes or even a brand new Apple iPad!
* - Craftsy Road Trip open to US and Canada (excluding Quebec) residents only
How to enter
Download and print out this free cutout pattern of Mr. Fluffs, our adorable Craftsy feline friend to take with you on your travels! You can simply cut out the Mr. Fluffs pattern, or get creative and stuff it with cotton and put it on a popsicle stick to carry around on your road trip or vacationing adventures.
Then take a photo of yourself, or your kids or grandkids with Mr. Fluffs on your summer vacation. The more magical the scene, the better. Can you snap a shot near an iconic landmark, state or city limits sign, or something similarly unique to your vacation spot?
Share your photos on the Craftsy Facebook page here, and then ask your friends to vote for their favorites! We'll be giving away prizes each week for photos with the most votes, and if your photo has the most votes by the end of the contest you'll win a free Apple iPad! You also can enter the contest on Instagram or Twitter. Simply share your picture with Mr. Fluffs, and include the hash tag #MrFluffs and your photo will be automatically entered.
The contest begins Sunday, June 23 at 12:00:01 am MDT and ends Saturday, August 17 at 11:59:59 pm MDT.
Please read the prize description and contest rules below carefully. If you enter the contest, we will assume you have read these rules and you agree to them.
Craftsy Road Trip Contest: Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER. VALID EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED FOR PRIZE REDEMPTION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Craftsy Road Trip Contest (“Contest” or “Promotion”) is offered and open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, or Canada (excluding Quebec), who are age 13 or older and currently reside in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sympoz Inc., dba Craftsy (“Sponsor”), and those entities involved in the preparation of materials and/or administration of this Promotion (collectively referred to herein as the “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. Void in Quebec and wherever prohibited. For purposes of this Contest, “entrant” includes the individual submitting an entry and, in the entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction. By entering, all entrants who are under the legal age of majority represent and warrant that they have permission from their parent or legal guardian to enter this Contest.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion starts on or about 12:00:01 am Mountain Time (“MT”) on June 23, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 pm MT on August 17, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). All time referenced herein is Mountain Time. Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. This Promotion consists of eight weekly contests (each a “Weekly Contest”) and one overall Grand Prize Contest. Each Weekly Contest begins at 12:00:01 am MT on Sunday and ends at 11:59:59pm MT the following Saturday. Entries are eligible for the Weekly Contest in which their entry was received. Non-winning entries remain eligible for subsequent Weekly Contests, and all entries remain eligible for the Grand Prize Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Promotion Period you must submit a photo of yourself with the Mr. Fluffs pattern (available for free download here: http://www.craftsy.com/mrfluffs), via the contest app on the Craftsy Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/craftsy or by posting your photo to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #MrFluffs. Limit one entry per person per Weekly Contest during the Promotion Period. You must have a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account in order to enter. If you do not already have an account, follow the directions at www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com or www.instagram.com (as applicable) when prompted to sign up without charge. You may enter using only one name/email address and only one Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account (you may enter with all three accounts, but may only enter with one account per platform). Enter using only an email address/account subscribed to and registered in your name. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email or account, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email or account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry. The authorized email account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet-access provider, online-service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The authorized Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an account by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Multiple entries per person/email address/account in excess of the stated entry limits or any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services) are prohibited and will void all entries by that entrant. Proof that you submitted an entry is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Once submitted, entry cannot be modified, deleted or cancelled. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any entry and/or entrants at any time during the Promotion.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; nor for any computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions; nor service provider, Internet, Web site, user net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or any technical error; nor for unauthorized human intervention, human error, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information; nor for the failure to capture any such information.
4. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants that the photograph submitted is the original, sole creation of that entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person); and warrants that the photograph, or any element thereof, does not violate, breach, or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity, and does not depict unsafe, illegal or dangerous practices. Each entrant further represents and warrants that he/she has obtained any third-party licenses, releases or other permissions that may be necessary with respect to any people or third-party property of any kind that are involved in the creation of or depicted in the entry (including without limitation, consent from any person (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) who appears or is named in the entry), and agrees to provide satisfactory evidence of such releases or permissions to Sponsor upon request. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify at any time during the Contest any entry based on the belief that appropriate and necessary releases have not been obtained or are unattainable, or that such photograph contains any materials that may infringe on the rights of any third parties. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor a nonexclusive license to use their entry and every element thereof and all rights, title, and interest thereto (including copyrights and derivative works and concepts or ideas depicted therein and as is or as may be edited in Sponsor’s sole discretion) worldwide, in perpetuity, in any media whatsoever (without further compensation or review) for any purpose and waives any moral right in such entry. Entries that include any element that, in whole or in part, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, is inappropriate, noncompliant, obscene, offensive or in any other respect unsuitable (at the sole discretion of Sponsor) will be disqualified. By submitting an entry, each entrant understands and agrees that their entry, in whole or in part, will be posted online. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, alter, modify, or distort any submitted entry.
5. VOTING/SELECTION OF WINNERS/NOTIFICATION: All eligible entries will be posted on Sponsor’s Facebook Contest Page as they are received. During the Promotion Period, individuals age 13 or older will be invited to vote for the entry that they find to be most creative, humorous, and inspiring. Limit one vote per person per day. The eligible entry that receives the most votes during each Weekly Contest will win a Weekly Contest prize. The eligible entry that receives the most votes during the entire Promotion Period will receive the Grand Prize. The nine (9) entries that received the next highest number of votes during the entire Promotion Period will receive a Runner Up prize. In the event of a tie, the winner (among the tied entrants) will be deemed that entry that received the most votes from unique users. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. Potential winners will be notified by email at the email address provided at time of entry (if entry was made through the Craftsy contest app on Facebook), or by Tweet or Instagram message if entry was made through those methods. The potential Grand Prize Winner (regardless of method of entry), and all potential winners notified by Twitter or Instagram must follow the instructions provided in the notification to provide the required email address/contact information within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification, or the prize may be forfeited. Potential winners who respond within the time allowed will receive a following up email from Sponsor approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period with a unique link and prize claim instructions to redeem their online Craftsy class prize. The iPad portion of the Grand Prize will be mailed to the confirmed Grand Prize winner approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period to the address provided by winner at time of prize verification. Forfeited, undeliverable and unclaimed Weekly Contest prizes and Runner Up prizes will not be re-awarded. Sponsor will make up to nine (9) attempts to re-award the Grand Prize in the event that it is forfeited, undeliverable or unclaimed. Sponsor reserves the right to require each potential winner to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release within three (3) working days of notification.
6. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): One (1) 16 GB iPad® mobile digital device ($499.00 value) and one (1) free online Craftsy class (up to $99.99 value). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize package: $598.99. Runner Up Prizes (9): Five (5) free online Craftsy classes (up to $99.99 value each). ARV: $499.95. Weekly Prizes (1 per week, for a total of 8): One (1) free online Craftsy class (up to $99.99 value). ARV: $99.99. Prizes are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part), except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to timely return or properly complete release documents (as described herein), or if a prize notification or any prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is not eligible or does not comply with these Official Rules prize forfeiture will result. BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED AND/OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE IN WHOLE OR IN PART OUT OF ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST/PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, ACCESS TO WEB SITE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. By entering and/or accepting a prize, Entrants hereby consent, where lawful, to the use by Sponsor (and its authorized third parties) of their name, image, likeness, voice, hometown, and/or biographical information in any and all media now known or hereafter developed worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, and without the right of review, notification or approval. The information provided is subject to the Privacy Statement on the above stated Web site.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Contest Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any web site. Any use of contest clubs (or similar methods), robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry or voting methods will void all such entries/votes by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winner from entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Contest Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to execute the Contest, or supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control.
In no event will Contest Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participation in the Contest, Contest/Prize related activities, access to, and use of, the App or any participating internet site(s) or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site(s). Without limiting the foregoing, everything on said sites are provided "AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado having jurisdiction.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, U.S. postage stamped envelope to: Craftsy Road Trip Contest Winner’s List Request, c/o Sympoz, Inc., 999 18th Street, Suite 240, NTR, Denver, CO 80202 for receipt by August 31, 2013.
10. SPONSOR: Sympoz Inc., dba Craftsy, Denver, CO 80202.
iPad® is a registered trademarks of Apple Inc., which is not a sponsor of or otherwise affiliated with this Promotion. This Contest is in no way sponsored endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. All information provided by entrants is being provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.