Tunisian Crochet: Revolutions in Color and Style! And remember, we post a new Six Questions entry every week, so keep checking back!
1. What was your first knitting/crocheting project?
My first project ever was a massive, and very ugly, crocheted blanket. I covered the sides in fringe to try and hide my mistakes (I kept missing the last stitch of the row and my blanket was getting smaller and smaller as I progressed....). But by the end of that project, I was confident with a hook!
2. What are your three desert island knitting/crocheting supplies?
Hamanaka Crochet Hooks, Row-counting abacus and Jenkins Woodworking Hairpin Lace loom.
3. What item has been in your stash the longest?
I've got some vintage mohairs that I scored at the thrift store when I first started crocheting. They are gorgeous and probably 50 years old.
4. Cat person, dog person, or do pets just interfere with your knitting/crocheting time?
I used to be a cat mom and a bird mom. But then I spawned a human child and that's the creature that just edged out all the other pets!
5. What was your biggest knitting/crocheting disaster?
Probably my first blanket project. Or the whole chest of beautiful baby clothes that I knit and crocheted for my son while I was pregnant. All of them were too small except for the bibs.
6. In 10 words or less, what inspires you?
People with the courage to follow their dreams.