Make a trio of charming accessories for your sewing room or give them as gifts! The Drawstring Tote is a sweet little bag for storing bits and pieces or for use as a clever and reusable gift bag. The fully-lined tote features roomy pockets on the outside and colorful drawstrings to cinch the bag closed. The Bird Needle Case is a pretty and convenient way to keep your needles handy near your sewing machine or on the go. Finally, the patchwork Pincushion is a colorful melange of printed fabrics that will store all of your pins for easy access, with small side pockets to hold tiny odds and ends.
Designed by Heidi Boyd
Heidi Boyd is the author of fourteen craft books with North Light Books, and she's a regular contributor to Stitch magazine and BH&G Special Interest magazines. Her goal is to make sophisticated design approachable and easy for all. Heidi recently launched a sewing kit business. Her Whimsy Kits contain almost everything you need to stitch up your very own whimsical softie. When they're not busy cutting felt and assembling kits, Heidi and her family actively enjoy the natural beauty of their Maine home. Visit Heidi at www.heidiboyd.com.
Supplies - Joel Dewberry Bungalow Collection
- Fabric Included:
- 2 yards of fabric from the Bungalow Collection
- Fiber Content: 100% cotton
- Care Instructions: Machine wash and dry
- Other Supplies Needed:
- 5 yards of fabric for backing
- Sewing machine, scissors, Thread, fabric marker, iron
Pattern - Sewing Kit Trio
- Designed By: Heidi Boyd exclusively for Craftsy
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed:
- Basic machine quilting skills
- How to read a pattern
- How to use a rotary cutter
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.