Keep warm this winter with this adorable Snowflake Ascot designed by Pam Powers. Designed with simple fair isle techniques and an easy cable twist, you'll love how this delightful neckwarmer knits up in no time. Made from three luxurious skeins of Manos del Uruguay silk blend, you'll get the perfect combination of warmth and elegance with this ascot. Whether you're looking to keep warm on the slopes or in the rink, the Snowflake Ascot is sure to make a statement!
*Please note: this pattern calls for six size 4 snaps that are not included in the kit.
Pam Powers is a freelance knitwear designer living in sunny Orange County, California with her wonderful husband and two lovely children. Her designs have appeared in Interweave Knits, Twist Collective, Belle Armoire and Apronology. Visit her blog at PamPowersKnits.com or on Facebook @PamPowersKnits.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Size: One size fits most
- Finished Measurements: 6.5" / 16.5 cm wide (measured at center) and 28" / 71 cm long
Supplies - Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend
- Yarn Included: 3 Skeins Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend; 2 in Natural, 1 in Juniper
- Fiber Content: 70% Extrafine Merino Wool, 30% Silk
- Weight/Yardage: 50 g / 150 yds per skein
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- US size 2 / 2.75 mm needles (smallest )
- US size 4 / 3.5 mm needles (small)
- US size 5 / 3.75 mm needles (medium)
- US size 6 / 4.0 mm needles (large)
- Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- Locking Stitch Marker
- A large-eyed blunt needle
- 6 snaps, size 4 (not included)
Pattern - Snowflake Ascot
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, fair isle knitting
- 30 sts and 36 rows = 4'' / 10 cm in St st on smallest needles
- 23 sts and 34 rows = 4" / 10 cm in St st on large needles
- 30 sts and 32 rows = 4" / 10 cm in 2-color stranded St stitch on small needles
- Smallest needles used to achieve same stitch gauge as 2-color stranded section
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.