It's bottoms up all the way with this shawl! With a combination of simple stripes and increases, the Shadow Shawl is worked from the bottom up with a shaping gusset down the middle. Perfect for adventurous beginners, the Shadow Shawl will give you a chance to practice carrying your colors as you alternate between 2-row stripes. Made with a blend of baby alpaca and pima cotton, this shawl is ideal for all seasons and will add flair to any outfit. Pair it with a frock in the summer or a peacoat in the winter for a touch of cool color.
Manos Del Uruguay
Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit social organization founded in 1968 that employs women artisans in rural areas of Uruguay. The mission of Manos del Uruguay is poverty eradication through sustainable economic development that allows artisans to improve the quality of their handicrafts and through this training continue to develop.
- Approx. 56" across top edge, 28" from center back neck to bottom point
Manos del Uruguay Serena Yarn
- 4 hanks: 2 in Tide and 2 in Zebra
- Fiber Content: 60% baby alpaca, 40% pima cotton
- Yardage: approx. 170 yds / 155 mts per 1.75 oz / 50 g
- Knitting Weight: #3-DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water, lay flat to dry
Other Supplies Needed:
- US 4 32" circular needles
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Antonia Shankland
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, Purl, Basic decreases
- Gauge: 24 sts and 38 rows = 4"/10cm in pattern stitch
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.