Coming straight from the master of double-knitting, Alasdair Post-Quinn, this Rustle of Leaves Scarf is a statement piece that will add flair to any outfit. This keyhole scarf features a motif of falling maple leaves done in double-knitting down the middle, and a short-row lock-stitch ruffle on the sides. The pattern comes with explicit instructions on double-knitting, short rows and a special cast-on, teaching you valuable techniques that you can use over and over.
This project is most suitable for intermediate knitters and adventurous beginners with experience in double-knitting.
Designed by Alasdair Post-Quinn
Alasdair Post-Quinn is an international authority on double-knitting, a technique that can be used to make knitted fabric with no wrong side. Author of the book Extreme Double Knitting, Alasdair shares his passion for the craft as a teacher, hosting workshops around the United States. He’s also a prolific knitwear designer who continues to push boundaries in the art of double knitting with complex color and structure variations.
start sizing details
## Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Size: One Size Fits All
- Finished Measurements: approx. 7” wide x 40” long.
start yarn / fabric details
start pattern details
## Pattern - Rustle of Leaves Scarf
- *Designed By:*Alasdair Post-Quinn
- Basic Skills Needed: Knitting, purling, familiarity with double-knitting
- Gauge: 10 stitches/13 rows = 2 inches in double-knit Stockinette stitch
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.