Add cheerful personality to any room with this Paintbox afghan! Made with simple blocks in contrasting colors and light intarsia work, this afghan is a great way to develop your seaming skills and to learn to knit intarsia as a new technique. Six colorful strips piece together to create a fun, cozy blanket perfect for year-round use.
Full knitting kit details
Lion Brand Yarns
Lion Brand Yarn Company is a 135 year-old family owned and operated brand devoted to inspiring and educating knitters and crocheters with yarns, patterns, how-tos and ideas that elevate their crafting experience.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: About 48 x 66 in. (122 x 167.5 cm)
Supplies - Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Yarn
- Yarn Included: 2 balls Colonial Blue, 2 balls Eggplant, 2 balls Purple, 2 balls Sapphire, 2 balls Terracotta, 2 balls Scarlet, 2 balls Kelly Green, 2 balls Olive, 1 ball Black
- Fiber Content: 100% acrylic
- Weight/Yardage: 100 g / 170 yds in each skein
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Knitting needles size 8 (5 mm)
- Cable needle
- A large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Paintbox Afghan
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl
- 19 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS)
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.