Tafelberg, also known as Table Mountain, is a flat-topped mountain in South Africa. Known for hiking, climbing and mountain biking, this mountain is the destination of choice for outdoor sports junkies. The Tafelberg hat, inspired by this outdoorsy destination, is a durable, easy pattern that could become your knew favorite ski hat. Made from colorful and funky Boston Style yarn, you'll stand out in the crowd and keep your head warm no matter what your sport of choice is. Get going and make your own Tafelberg hat today!
Enjoy these trendy knits from Schachenmayr's My Mountain pattern collection. Add color and flair to your winter gear!
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- One Size Fits All
- Finished Measurements: 21" (53.5cm) circumference
Schachenmayr Boston Style Yarn
- 3 balls in your color choice (model garment shown in Aquatic)
- Fiber Content: 46% Acrylic, 34% Polyester, 20% Wool
- Weight / Yardage: 50 g / 66 yds
- Knitting Weight: 5-Bulky
- Care Instructions: Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry
Other Supplies Needed:
- US 10¾ or 11 [8 or 9mm], 16" [40cm] circular needle
- Set 5 double-pointed needles, or size to obtain
- Tapestry NeedleStitch markers
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Schachenmayr
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, knit in the round, decreases
- Gauge: 13 stitches and 18 rounds = 4" [10cm] in the basic pattern using US 10¾ or 11 [7 or 8mm] needles
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.