Elbrus, a dormant volcano in the Russian Caucasus mountain range, is known for its intense climbing routes and is a favorite among skilled climbers. Regardless of whether you climb or not, this ribbed beanie with a pom-pom at its summit is designed to keep out the elements and add a bit of color to your winter gear. Made from a soft wool blend, Schachenmyr's Boston yarn is both warm and durable, perfect for garments like the Elbrus hat. Whether you're going on intense mountain excursions or just a chilly walk in your favorite park, you'll keep warm with this fun, easy-to-knit hat. Don't forget to buy enough for your friends?once they see it, they'll want one of their own!
Full knitting kit details
Enjoy these trendy knits from Schachenmayr's My Mountain pattern collection. Add color and flair to your winter gear!
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: One Size Fits All
- Finished Measurements: 20 (21¼)? (51 (54)cm) circumference
Supplies - Schachenmayr Original Boston
- Schachenmayr original Boston, 1 ball each of Charcoal Heather and Royal
- Fiber Content: 70% Acrylic, 30% Virgin Wool
- Weight / Yardage: 50 g / 60 yds
- Knitting Weight: 5-Chunky
- Care Instructions: Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry
- Other Supplies Needed:
- US 10¾: (6.5mm), 16? (40cm) circular needle
- Set of double-pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Darning needle
Pattern: Elbrus Hat
- Designed By: Schachenmayr
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl
- Gauge: 12 stitches and 18 rounds = 4" (10cm) in the staggered rib pattern, when stretched slightly
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.