Knitted from the top down, this cardigan is warm, flattering, and fun to knit. The raglan shoulder shaping creates well-fitted shoulders while the easily-modified waist shaping adds feminine flair. You'll love the gentle wave cables that cascade down the back of this cardigan, bringing a touch of Ireland to your knitting.
Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted is a great workhorse yarn that will hold up well to wear and is incredibly cozy! This heather grey color can be worn with practically anything, making this your go-to cardigan.
Designed by Carol Feller
Carol Feller's patterns for men, women, and children are widely published in books and magazines, including Twist Collective, Interweave Knits, Knitting in the Sun (Wiley, 2009) and Knitty. Carol blogs on StolenStitches.com and can also be found on Twitter (@stolenstitches), and Facebook (carol.feller). She lives in Cork, Ireland, with her husband, four sons, and a large dog. Her first book, Contemporary Irish Knits, was published by Wiley in August 2011.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements:
- Chest: 32 (35, 38, 41, 45, 48, 51, 54)"
- Length: 23.5 (23.75, 24.25, 24.5, 25.25, 25.5, 25.75, 26.25)? omitting collar
Supplies - Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
- Yarn Included: 6 (6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9) skeins
- Fiber Content: 85% Wool, 15% Mohair
- Weight/Yardage: 173 m/ 190 yds per 113g / 4 oz per skein
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Machine wash warm and tumble dry cool
- Other Supplies Needed:
- One US size 8 circular needle, 32" length or longer for bigger sizes
- One set US size 8 double-pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- 8 (8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9) buttons
- Waste yarn
Pattern - Traveller's End Sweater
- Designed By: Carol Feller
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knitting in the round, increases, decreases, short rows, cabling
- Gauge: 16 sts / 24 rows = 4"/ 10 cm in st st; 20 sts / 24 rows = 4"/ 10 cm in ribbing; cable chart A and B are each 2" / 5 cm across.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.