The Mendel sweater pattern is made with Cascade Heritage fingering weight yarn and is knit with a loose gauge to produce a flattering, lightweight and stretchy material. Knit in the round from the bottom up, the ruches and hem are created as you knit. The open draped neckline, ruched hemline and sleeves create a dramatic effect that is very flattering.
Full knitting kit details
Designed by Carol Feller
Carol Feller's patterns for men, women, and children are widely published in books and magazines, including Twist Collective, Interweave Knits, Knitting in the Sun (Wiley, 2009) and Knitty. Carol blogs on StolenStitches.com and can also be found on Twitter (@stolenstitches), and Facebook (carol.feller). She lives in Cork, Ireland, with her husband, four sons, and a large dog. Her first book, Contemporary Irish Knits, was published by Wiley in August 2011.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements:
- Chest: 30 (32, 34, 35.75, 38, 40 / 42, 43.75, 46, 48, 50, 52.25)"
- Length: 23 (23.75, 24.5, 24.75, 25.25, 25.5 / 26, 26.25, 26.75, 27, 27.75, 27.75)"
Supplies - Cascade Heritage
- Yarn Included: 3 (3, 3, 4, 4, 4 / 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5) skeins of Cascade Heritage in your color choice (model garment shown in Como Blue)
- Fiber Content: 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
- Weight/Yardage: 100 g / 437 yds per skein
- Knitting Weight: #1 Fingering
- Care Instructions: Machine wash warm and tumble dry cool
- Other Supplies Needed:
- 1 US 5 (3.75mm) circular needle, 24" length or longer for bigger sizes
- 1 US 4 (3.5mm) circular needle, 24" length or longer for bigger sizes
- US 5 (3.75mm) double pointed needles
- US 4 (3.5mm) double pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Waste yarn
- Small crochet hook
Pattern - Mendel
- Designed By: Carol Feller
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knitting in the round, increases, decreases, short rows
- Gauge: 26 sts / 36 rows = 4" / 10cm in stockinette stitch on US 5 / 3.75mm needles
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.