Choose slippers over cold feet! Keep your and your loved ones' toes cozy with these felted booties. Enjoy working with this classic Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn, a knitting favorite for 30 years. This pattern felts beautifully, making your slippers thick and impenetrable to cold winter mornings. Pair these with long johns, a roaring fire and a cup of cocoa.
Brown Sheep Company
From the local farmers who provide their wool to the storied mill in Mitchell, Nebraska, Brown Sheep Company is committed to high-quality yarn that’s made in America. Sourcing their fiber from superior breeds such as Corriedales, Rambouillets and Columbias, they ensure every skein captures the natural benefits and incredible texture fine wool has to offer. Plus, with a new system that allows the mill to reuse 70-90% of its daily water, you can rest assured that Brown Sheep has gone “green” — even if they do still dye over 1,000 different colors.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Small Child
- Large Child/Small Adult/Medium Adult
- Large Adult/XL Adult
Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky Yarn
- 2 (2, 3, 3) skeins in your color choice (model garments shown in Tormented Teal and Elderberry Wine)
- Fiber Content: 85% Wool, 15% Mohair
- Weight/Yardage: 100 g/ 125 yds (per skein)
- Gauge: 12 stitches and 16 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) in stockinette stitch
- Knitting Weight: 6-Bulky
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cool water and lay flat to dry. May also dry clean.
Other supplies needed (not included in kit):
- US 11 (8.0 mm) double pointed needles
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Gwen Bortner
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Using double pointed needles, Basic knitting skills (increases, decreases, picking up stitches, etc.), Three needle bind off
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase