Keep your hands toasty and your fingers free with these fingerless mitts. Tiny lacy motifs contrast with solid, textured stitching to create a delicate yet durable accessory. If you've always swooned over sock yarns but aren't one to stitch for your feet, try this quick introduction to working with finer weight yarns. Written in two sizes, the modular construction of the Flora Mitts makes it easy to tweak the gloves for a perfect fit.
Please note that the pattern and photos were crocheted with Tidings of Magpies Fingering Yarn. This kit comes with Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering, which produces the same weight and look.
Brown Sheep Company
From the local farmers who provide their wool to the storied mill in Mitchell, Nebraska, Brown Sheep Company is committed to high-quality yarn that’s made in America. Sourcing their fiber from superior breeds such as Corriedales, Rambouillets and Columbias, they ensure every skein captures the natural benefits and incredible texture fine wool has to offer. Plus, with a new system that allows the mill to reuse 70-90% of its daily water, you can rest assured that Brown Sheep has gone “green” — even if they do still dye over 1,000 different colors.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Adult Small: Diameter: 7.25"
- Adult Medium: Diameter: 8"
Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering Yarn
- 1 skein of your color choice (model garment shown in Ash)
- Fiber Content: 100% Wool
- Weight/Yardage: 50 g/ 310 yds (per skein)
- Knitting Weight: 1-Fingering
- Care Instructions: Machine wash cool
Other supplies needed (not included in kit):
- Size F/5 (3.75 mm) Crochet Hook for flower motifs
- Size D/3 (3.25 mm) Crochet Hook for mitts
- Yarn needle
- Blocking board
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Linda Permann
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Comfortable reading patterns, Working Flat, Working in the Round, Joining Motifs As You Go, Adjustable Ring Method, Basic crochet stitches (ch, sc, dc, etc)
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase