Keep your hands toasty and your fingers free with these fingerless mitts. Tiny lacy motifs contrast with solid, textured stitching to create a delicate yet durable accessory. If you've always swooned over sock yarns but aren't one to stitch for your feet, try this quick introduction to working with finer weight yarns. Written in two sizes, the modular construction of the Flora Mitts makes it easy to tweak the gloves for a perfect fit.
Please note that the pattern and photos were crocheted with Tidings of Magpies Fingering Yarn. This kit comes with Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering, which produces the same weight and look.
Full crocheting kit details
Brown Sheep Company
Brown Sheep Company, Inc. is a family owned and operated yarn spinning mill located in Mitchell, NE.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Adult Small
- Diameter: 7.25"
- Adult Medium
- Diameter: 8"
Included in kit:
- Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering Yarn
- 1 skein of your color choice (model garment shown in Ash)
- Fiber Content: 100% Wool
- Weight/Yardage: 50 g/ 310 yds (per skein)
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 16 rows = 4 inches x 2.75 inches tall (blocked, using smaller hook)
- Knitting Weight: 1-Fingering
- Care Instructions: Machine wash cool
Other supplies needed (not included in kit):
- Size F/5 (3.75 mm) Crochet Hook for flower motifs
- Size D/3 (3.25 mm) Crochet Hook for mitts
- Yarn needle
- Blocking board
Pattern - Flora Mitts
- Designed By: Linda Permann
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed:
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase