The Empalme cowl, made from a combination of stockinette stitch and trinity stitch, is guaranteed to become your go-to cowl pattern. You'll love the elegant design of this circular cowl that you'll craft out of hand-dyed merino wool. Made from a wool/silk blend wound by women working at The Manos Cooperatives, part of the World Fair Trade Organization, Manos Silk Blend is a luxurious yarn with a great cause. Every hank of Manos yarn helps a woman in Uruguay support her family, so buy this pattern with personality and purpose, and make your new favorite winter cowl today!
Manos del Uruguay
Designed by Cassandra Milani
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: Women's One Size Fits All
- Finished Measurements:
- Finished circumference: 65" at wider edge; 51" at shorter edge
- Width: 8¾"
Supplies - Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend Yarn
- Yarn Included: 4 hanks of your color choice in Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend Yarn (model garment shown in Nickel)
- Fiber Content: 70% Extrafine Merino Wool, 30% Silk
- Weight / Yardage: 50 g / 150 yds
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- US 8 (5mm) straight needles
Pattern - Empalme Cowl
- Designed By: Cassandra Milani
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, short rows, increases, decreases
- Gauge: 20 stitches = 4" and 25 rows = 3½" over Short Row Wedge; 22 stitches = 4" and 11 rows = 1½" over Trinity Stitch
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.