The Empalme cowl, made from a combination of stockinette stitch and trinity stitch, is guaranteed to become your go-to cowl pattern. You'll love the elegant design of this circular cowl that you'll craft out of hand-dyed merino wool. Made from a wool/silk blend wound by women working at The Manos Cooperatives, part of the World Fair Trade Organization, Manos Silk Blend is a luxurious yarn with a great cause. Every hank of Manos yarn helps a woman in Uruguay support her family, so buy this pattern with personality and purpose, and make your new favorite winter cowl today!
Manos Del Uruguay
Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit social organization founded in 1968 that employs women artisans in rural areas of Uruguay. The mission of Manos del Uruguay is poverty eradication through sustainable economic development that allows artisans to improve the quality of their handicrafts and through this training continue to develop.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Women's One Size Fits All
- Finished circumference: 65" at wider edge; 51" at shorter edge
- Width: 8¾"
Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend Yarn
- 4 hanks of your color choice (model garment shown in Nickel)
- Fiber Content: 70% Extrafine Merino Wool, 30% Silk
- Weight / Yardage: 50 g / 150 yds
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water, dry flat
Other Supplies Needed:
- US 8 (5mm) straight needles
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Cassandra Milani
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, short rows, increases, decreases
- Gauge: 20 stitches = 4" and 25 rows = 3½" over Short Row Wedge; 22 stitches = 4" and 11 rows = 1½" over Trinity Stitch
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.