This kerchief style cowl is knit flat and buttons up the back for flexibility in fit. You'll love how this project is knit from the top down with a center panel of simple pattern stitches.
Pam Powers is a freelance knitwear designer living in sunny Orange County, California with her wonderful husband and two lovely children. Her designs have appeared in Interweave Knits, Twist Collective, Belle Armoire and Apronology. Visit her blog at PamPowersKnits.com or on Facebook @PamPowersKnits.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 24" wide (at widest point) and 25" long (triangle tip)
Supplies - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn
- Yarn Included: 2 skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn in your choice of color (sample garment shown in 'Natural')
- Fiber Content: 100% superwash Merino wool
- Weight/Yardage: 114 g / 225 yd in each skein
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Size US 8 (5 mm) straight or circular knitting needles
- Size G (4mm) crochet hook
- 5 - 3/4" buttons
- A large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Cowboy Cowl
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, basic increases & decreases
- Gauge: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Stockinette st
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.