Add a dose of cute to your notions bag with these whimsical, easy-to-stitch tape measure covers. They make great gifts for knitters, crocheters, sewers and crafters. Each one takes only an hour or two to complete, and you can use inexpensive tape measures and just one package of Lion Brand Bon Bons to keep the cost low.
Lion Brand Yarns
Lion Brand Yarn Company is a 135 year-old family owned and operated brand devoted to inspiring and educating knitters and crocheters with yarns, patterns, how-tos and ideas that elevate their crafting experience.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements: Covered tape measures just over 2" (each kit can make 3-4 tape measures)
Lion Brand Bon Bons
- 1 package in your choice of color (sample shown in Brights)
- Fiber Content: 100% Cotton
- Yardage: 10 g / 15 yds per skein
- Yarn Weight: #3 - DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
Other Supplies Needed:
- Size E-4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook or any size to
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- 2" round retractable tape measures
- 7/8" button (for flower tape)
- Fabri-tac glue (optional)
- Tapestry needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
Covered Tape Measure Pattern: Owl, Pig & Flower
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary: Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch)
- Gauge: First 6 rounds of Basic Cover pattern
measures 2 1/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.