Add a dose of cute to your notions bag with these whimsical, easy-to-stitch tape measure covers. They make great gifts for knitters, crocheters, sewers and crafters. Each one takes only an hour or two to complete, and you can use inexpensive tape measures and just one package of Lion Brand Bon Bons to keep the cost low.
Linda Permann is an internationally published crochet designer and writer, and the author of two books: Little Crochet and Crochet Adorned. She is a frequent contributor to many magazines, including Crochet Today and Interweave Crochet and sells her own line of patterns as Lindamade.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements: Covered tape measures just over 2" (each kit can make 3-4 tape measures)
Supplies - Lion Brand Bon Bons
- Yarn Included: 1 package of Lion Brand Bon Bons in a your choice of color (sample shown in Brights)
- Fiber Content: 100% Cotton
- Yardage: 10 g / 15 yds per skein
- Yarn Weight: #3 - DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Size E-4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook or any size to
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- 2" round retractable tape measures
- 7/8" button (for flower tape)
- Fabri-tac glue (optional)
- Tapestry needle
Pattern - Covered Tape Measure Pattern: Owl, Pig & Flower
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary:
- Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch)
- Gauge: First 6 rounds of Basic Cover pattern
measures 2 1/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.