The Captivating Cowl is a great project for those who want to try cabling for the first time. Each kit includes two balls of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in heathered colors that were inspired by North American landmarks. Made in the USA of premium acrylic yarn, the light weight and soft fiber knits up in a great easy-care cowl that looks incredibly intricate.
Lion Brand Yarns
Lion Brand Yarn Company is a 135 year-old family owned and operated brand devoted to inspiring and educating knitters and crocheters with yarns, patterns, how-tos and ideas that elevate their crafting experience.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: Finished circumference about 24 in. (61cm), finished height about 13 1/2 in. (34.5 cm)
Supplies - Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Yarn Included: 2 balls of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in the color selection of your choice (model garment is shown in Great Smoky Mountains)
- Fiber Content: 100% premium acrylic
- Weight/Yardage: 142g / 251yds per ball
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Machine wash and dry
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Knitting needles size 9 (5.5 mm)
- Cable needle
- A large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Captivating Cowl
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, cable
- Gauge: 16 sts + 23 1/2 rows = about 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS)
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.