Whip up a lacy yet warm accessory that's perfect for transitional weather and only takes
1 skein of yarn. This floral beret can be worn in the traditional style or as a slouchy tam.
Worked from the top down using basic stitches, the hat begins with floral lace and chainspace
shaping that transitions to solid stitches and a simply textured row brim. Suggestions are given for easy ways to customize the fit.
Full crocheting kit details
Linda Permann is an internationally published crochet designer and writer, and the author of two books: Little Crochet and Crochet Adorned. She is a frequent contributor to many magazines, including Crochet Today and Interweave Crochet and sells her own line of patterns as Lindamade.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: OSFA
- Finished Measurements: Circumference measures 17" at brim but will stretch to fit most head sizes.
Beret measures10 ¼" in diameter at
Supplies - Malabrigo Merino Worsted
- Yarn Included: 1 skein of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in your choice of color(sample shown in Vermillion)
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Yardage: 100 g / 210 yds
- Yarn Weight: #4-Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Size H-8 (5.0 mm) crochet
hook or size needed to obtain
- Tapestry needle
Pattern - Blackberry Hat
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary:
- Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch)
- Working in the round
- Gauge: First 4 rounds worked
measures 3 7/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.