Whip up a lacy yet warm accessory that's perfect for transitional weather and only takes
1 skein of yarn. This floral beret can be worn in the traditional style or as a slouchy tam.
Worked from the top down using basic stitches, the hat begins with floral lace and chainspace
shaping that transitions to solid stitches and a simply textured row brim. Suggestions are given for easy ways to customize the fit.
Linda Permann is an internationally published crochet designer and writer, and the author of two books: Little Crochet and Crochet Adorned. She is a frequent contributor to many magazines, including Crochet Today and Interweave Crochet and sells her own line of patterns as Lindamade.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: OSFA
- Finished Measurements: Circumference measures 17" at brim but will stretch to fit most head sizes.
Beret measures10 ¼" in diameter at
Supplies - Malabrigo Merino Worsted
- Yarn Included: 1 skein of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in your choice of color(sample shown in Vermillion)
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Yardage: 100 g / 210 yds
- Yarn Weight: #4-Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Size H-8 (5.0 mm) crochet
hook or size needed to obtain
- Tapestry needle
Pattern - Blackberry Hat
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary:
- Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch)
- Working in the round
- Gauge: First 4 rounds worked
measures 3 7/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.