Whip up a lacy yet warm accessory that's perfect for transitional weather and only takes
1 skein of yarn. This floral beret can be worn in the traditional style or as a slouchy tam.
Worked from the top down using basic stitches, the hat begins with floral lace and chainspace
shaping that transitions to solid stitches and a simply textured row brim. Suggestions are given for easy ways to customize the fit.
Malabrigo is a family owned yarn company located in Uruguay that has developed a line of hand-dyed yarns of incredible softness and wonderful color variations.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: OSFA
- Finished Measurements: Circumference measures 17" at brim but will stretch to fit most head sizes.
- Beret measures 10.25" in diameter at
Malabrigo Merino Worsted Yarn
- 1 skein in your color choice (sample shown in Vermillion)
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Yardage: 100 g / 210 yds
- Yarn Weight: #4-Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only
Other Supplies Needed:
- Size H-8 (5.0 mm) crochet
hook or size needed to obtain
- Tapestry needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Linda Permann
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary: Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch), Working in the round
- Gauge: First 4 rounds worked
measures 3 7/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.