Whip up a lacy yet warm accessory that's perfect for transitional weather and only takes
1 skein of yarn. This floral beret can be worn in the traditional style or as a slouchy tam.
Worked from the top down using basic stitches, the hat begins with floral lace and chainspace
shaping that transitions to solid stitches and a simply textured row brim. Suggestions are given for easy ways to customize the fit.
Malabrigo is a family owned yarn company located in Uruguay that has developed a line of hand-dyed yarns of incredible softness and wonderful color variations. Thier products are made out of the softest fibers available and are inspired by nature, landscapes, places, art and everyday life.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: OSFA
- Finished Measurements: Circumference measures 17" at brim but will stretch to fit most head sizes.
- Beret measures 10.25" in diameter at
Malabrigo Merino Worsted Yarn
- 1 skein in your color choice (sample shown in Vermillion)
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Yardage: 100 g / 210 yds
- Yarn Weight: #4-Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only
Other Supplies Needed:
- Size H-8 (5.0 mm) crochet
hook or size needed to obtain
- Tapestry needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Linda Permann
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Basic Skills Necessary: Make basic stitches (sc, dc, ch), Working in the round
- Gauge: First 4 rounds worked
measures 3 7/8" in diameter.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.