From designer Anne Kuo Lukito:
A cozy, fluffy cowl is my go-to accessory for almost any weather. When I design accessories like shawls and cowls, I always try to keep the reversibility of such garments in mind. For Barton Springs, I designed a well-defined reversible stitch pattern so that it looks great no matter how you style your cowl. There is no real "wrong side." Twisted stitches in the pattern allow stitches to really stand out and pop, particularly when worked in a looser gauge, because the twists lock the stitches in place after stretching and blocking, showing off the ribbed columns.
Anne Kuo Lukito
Hello, I'm Anne Kuo Lukito. I'm a hand-knitting designer and my works have been published in many books and top magazines, such as Knitty, Interweave Knits, Knitscene and Twist Collective. I've also contributed designs to and worked with several yarn companies. Recently, I designed the Fall Collection for Manos del Uruguay yarns.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: Snug, loose & extra loose sizing included in pattern
- Finished Measurements:
- Circumference: 31.5 (42, 57.75)"
- Height (deepest): 13"
Supplies - Lorna's Laces Honor Yarn
- Yarn Included: 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Honor in your choice of color (sample garment shown in 'Manzanita')
- Fiber Content: 70% Baby Alpaca / 30% Silk
- Weight/Yardage: 100g/275yds
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Knitting Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm 40"/ 80 cm circular needle
- A large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Barton Springs Cowl
- Difficulty: Adventurous Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, twisted stitches, twisted decreases, working in
- Gauge: 28 sts and 24 rnds = 5"/ 12 cm wide and 4.5"/ 11.5 cm tall (1 pattern repeat worked twice). While it's still advisable to check gauge to
obtain the best results possible, gauge is not critical in this pattern.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.