Knit a pair of these simple, yet striking Evergreen Lake mittens worked up in Cascade's cozy Baby Alpaca Chunky yarn! Sunne Meyer's Stranded Colorwork: Basics & Beyond course guides you through the ins and outs of stranded colorwork, such as adding a second color with ease, and how to work up thumbs in a breeze. Sunne also shows you expert tips and tricks for fitting your mittens, troubleshooting mistakes, and blocking for a professional finish. You'll love learning how to customize your creation with her fun techniques for adding embellishments to your own pair of adorably unique Evergreen Lake Mittens. Keep the cold weather at bay with these wonderfully cozy and creative mitts!
Cascade Yarns is the Seattle-based company behind legendary products like Cascade 220.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Size: One size
- Finished Measurements (blocked):
- Mitten: 8.25" (21 cm) x 4" (10.2 cm)
- Thumb: 2.75" (7 cm) x 1.75" (4.5 cm)
Included in kit:
- Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky Yarn
- The following colors and skeins are included:
- 1 skein in Ecru (main color)
- 1 skein in Summer Sky Heather (contrast color)
- Fiber Content: 100% Baby Alpaca
- Weight/Yardage: 100 g/ 108 yds (per skein)
- Gauge: blocked, 18 stitches = 2 inches (5 cm); unblocked, 19.5 stitches = 2 inches (5 cm)
- Knitting Weight: 5-Chunky
- Care Instructions: Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry
Other supplies needed (not included in kit):
- US 7 (4.5 mm) double-pointed needles or long circular needles
- US 9 (5.5 mm) double-pointed needles or long circular needles
- Tapestry needle
- Scrap yarn
Pattern - Stranded Colorwork: Evergreen Lake Mittens
Please note, the Evergreen Lake Mittens pattern is only included with purchase of the Stranded Colorwork: Basics & Beyond course with Sunne Meyer!