Join or Sign In
What materials did you use?
4 ply ww yarn, buttons
Would love the pattern where can I fibd it?
Ok, so many of you have been asking for a pattern for this, I typed it up this morning and here it is! :) I hope it's understandable. I'm not really great at writing down instructions. Let me know how it works for you. .... and if you make one, please post photos! I would love to see your work . Thanks
Valentine Doggie Hat
Size H Crochet Hook
4 ply worsted weight yarn
1. Using a magic circle, dc 11 and pull ring tight. Join
2. Dc in each dc, join (22dc)
3. *Dc in dc, 2 dc in next*, repeat from * to * around, Join (33dc)
4. *Dc in 2 dc, 2 dc in next*. Repeat from * to * around, Join (44dc)
5. Dc in each dc around, Join.
6. Repeat row 5
7. Repeat row 5
8. Repeat row 5
9. Repeat row 5 (44 dc) Do not break off. Chain 2
1. Dc in 7 dc, ch 2 turn (7 dc)
2. Decrease in 1st 2 dc, dc in next 3 dc, decrease in last 2 dc. (5 dc) Chain 2, turn
3. Decrease in 1st 2 dc, dc in next dc, decrease in last 2 dc. (3 dc) Chain 2, turn
4. Decrease in all 3 sts. Finish off.
Here I fold the cap in half and make an earflap evenly spaced on the other side.
5. Sc acound entire bottom of hat and earflaps. Fasten off.
Ears (make 2)
1. Chain 5
2. Sc in 2nd chain from hook and next 3 chains (4 sc) ch 1 turn
3. Make 2 sc in 1st st (increase), sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in last st. (6 sc) Chain 1, turn
4. Increase in 1st st, sc in next 4, increase in last st. (8 sc) chain 1 turn
5. Sc in each st across, (8 sc) chain 1 turn
6. Increase in 1st st, sc in next 6 sc, increase in last st. (10sc) chain 1 turn
7. Increase in 1st st, sc in next 8 sc, increase in last st. (12sc) chain 1 turn
8. Sc in each stitch across, ch 1 turn (12sc)
9-14Repeat row 8 six times. (12 sc)
15. Decrease in 1st 2 sts, sc in next 8 sts, decrease in last 2 sts. (10sc) Chain 1 turn
16. Decrease in 1st 2 sts, sc in next 6 sts, decrease in last 2 sts. (8sc) Chain 1 turn
17. Decrease in 1st 2 sts, sc in next 4 sts, decrease in last 2 sts (6 sc) Chain 1 turn
18. Decrease in 1st 2 sts, sc in next 2 sts, decrease in last 2 sts (4 sc) Chain 1 turn
19. Sc in each stitch across. (4sc) Do not turn. Chain 1
20. Sc evenly around the ear and fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
Use size G hook
Make a magic circle and make dc, tr, 3dc, tr, 3dc, tr, dc, and then ch 2 and slip stitch into ring. Pull tight and fasten off. This should make your heart shape.
Use size H hook and make a heart like the nose.
Sew a small button to center of heart.
Following the photo, sew the nose, eyes and ears in place.
Cut 12 - 2 foot lengths of yarn. Loop 6 through bottom of earflaps and braid. Tie in knot and cut ends to even off.
Would love this pattern for Valentines Day for a sweet little girl
Can you tell me where I can get it. Thanks
The pattern is posted right below this message, or under the photo at the top of the page.
Does it come in a knit pattern?
I haven't done any knitting in years, so I haven't made the pattern for knitting.
Take Craftsy with you!
Craftsy Apps for iPad® and iPhone®. Read more »