Stupendous Stitching: Adventures in Surface Design »
InstructionsIf you've never free-motioned quilted before it's probably advisible not to use metallic thread.
Type of item: Home Decor
Hand-dyed fabric, silk-screens, luminar paint, metallic thread,
What was your inspiration?
Actually, I wanted to incorporate free motion quilting into my first piece for this class. So like a dummy I loaded my machine with metallic thread and was so mesmerized by the process that I couldn't stop.
I didn't end up with my ACTUAL Stupendous Stitching wall hanging but that will come next.
What are you most proud of?
That I kept going though needles were breaking, thread was tangeling, safety devices on the sewing machine were being engaged, and danger notices kept showing up on the screen. I learned a bunch of things not to ever do while sewing including not to let your sewing machine scare you. For hours it was a bully.
What advice would you give someone starting this project?
1. Stick to the advice of the instructor and make the project that you signed up for the class to make.
2. Don't sew while intoxicated or high on coffee.
3. Don't swear loud enough for the neigbors to hear. They almost called the police suspecting domestic abuse.
4. Be ready to give up bathing, sleeping, and healthy food while learning how to do some of these things.
5. Have a blast! Hey, it's not like we are packing a parachut!