Basic Skills Necessary:
- This is a hand sew project, no sewing machine is required
- This pattern is designed for those with a basic knowledge of embroidery and sewing terms. However, the 12 pages of step by step sketches and instructions included in the pattern should make it accessible to sewers/crafters of all skill levels.
- Basic embroidery stitches including blanket stitch, whip stitch, and backstitch
Stu the Penguin is a mini felt doll perfect as a stocking stuffer or a gift for a wee one.
Stu comes with an easy to make mini cap, scarf, fish softie and bedding that fits perfectly in an empty Altoids tin
Also included with the pattern are mint tin printables which turn the tin into an igloo home made just for Stu. The pattern printables make decorating the inside and outside of a mint tin quick and easy with 6 different decorations to choose from.
Fun pack printables are also included and feature 4 pages of color activities and 3 pages of paper dolls featuring Stu the Pengun and friends.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Stu the Penguin doll is 3" in height and designed to fit in a mint tin.
- scraps of wool felt
- lightweight cotton jersey or an old t-shirt
- access to a color printer
- poly stuffing
- empty Altoids mint tin
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- embroidery floss
- safety eyes or scrapbooking brads
- fabric marker and/or fabric transfer paper
- sewing needle, doll needle (optional)