I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. You can find out more about me on my blog, ShinyHappyWorld.com.View all patterns by designer (151) »
The Dress Up Bunch has kids and pets - and even a fairy. But you know what they've been missing?
A cute, cuddly monster to play with!
Well - that monster is missing no more. :-)
Favorite book: Shrek
Favorite food: tin cans
Favorite activity: trying to catch crayfish down at the creek near his house. He's never quite fast enough.
Meep is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun!
Meep has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness!
Meep is also very easy to make. I designed the pattern special that way. :-)
What You Get
* full-sized pattern - no enlarging needed
* detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos - you'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing it right
* links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need to complete the project
* additional instructions for making Meep out of fun fur (see the second photo for an example)
What You'll Need
* 1/2 yard fabric (Meep uses Rain in Purple from Timeless Treasures)
* scrap of satin for the linings of those droopy ogre ears
* embroidery thread for the face (I used Sulky 12wt. cotton thread in black #1005)
* plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
* polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
* 2 9mm safety eyes
Meep is 17 inches tall from head to toe - 11 inches when sitting.
I designed Meep to be very easy to make - a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there's a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that's easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Meep.
Make Meep today! And then make some more friends from The Dress Up Bunch. And some clothes they can all share. :-)
The additional photos show Meep in a couple of outfits borrowed from other kids in the Dress Up Bunch.
And yes - like everything at Shiny Happy World - you can sell items you make with this pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.
Meep is a PDF pattern. You'll receive a link to download it immediately after your order is complete. Instant gratification!