I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. You can find out more about me on my blog, ShinyHappyWorld.com.View all patterns by designer (160) »
Meet Freddie! He's a tiny doll-sized teddy bear - perfect for snuggling up with Eddie the Teddy Bear or any of the Dress Up Bunch dolls.
Freddie is all hand-sewn. That makes him a perfect little project for carrying around in your purse so you can do a little stitching anywhere you need to wait: dentist office, scout meetings, soccer practice - you know what I'm talking about. :-)
What You Get
* A full-sized pattern - no enlarging needed.
* Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need to make your own tiny teddy - from embroidering the face to whipstitching the pieces together.
You can totally do this! It's a workshop in a pattern!
What You Need
* 1/2 sheet wool felt for the body (I used Tahitian Sunset)
* scraps of wool felt for the nose and belly (I used Black and Copper)
* black embroidery thread for the face
* matching embroidery thread for the felt
* polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
* freezer paper (optional)
Freddie uses just two super simple stitches to make - whipstitch and backstitch. Those stitches are so easy I teach them to kids as young as six.
Seriously - cutting the pieces out is harder than sewing this guy up. You can do it! :-)
He's about 5 inches tall, an excellent size for hugging - if you're a doll. :-)
Look how cute he is here snuggled up with Bean - one of the Dress Up Bunch dolls! He's a good size for American Girl dolls too.
He's also just the right size for Eddie the Cuddly Teddy Bear. You can see them together in the third photo.
Patterns are Eddie the Teddy Bear and all of the Dress Up Bunch dolls are available separately.
After your purchase you'll receive an email allowing you to download the pattern instantly. Your dolls could have their very own teddy bears very soon. . . :-)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.