Meet Emma Elephant!
She was the first pattern in the Party Animals Kit Club and now she's available as a PDF pattern for everyone!
Emma's the first one to arrive at the party because she wants to help with the decorations. :-)
Get ready to settle in for a bit of handsewing with lovely wool felt. Embroidering on wool felt is a joy - a total delight for the eyes and the fingers.
Plus - handsewing is portable. Take it with you to soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, you name it.
It's also faster than you think. Emma only takes a few evenings to make! I keep bringing a project with me to one of my daughter's activities and finishing it before it's time to go home. Aaaack! Idle hands! I can't stand it!
What You Get
* Full-sized pattern pieces for Emma, her hat, and her garland. No need to enlarge anything!
* A 12-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
What You'll Need (the pattern includes specific colors and links to purchase some of the materials)
* One sheet of felt for Emma.
* 1/2 sheet wool felt for the dress
* scraps of wool felt for the hat and garland
* embroidery thread to match the felt.
* 2 4.5mm safety eyes
* 1 pipecleaner
* 4 American pennies (or other small coins)
* polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
* 4 3/8" buttons - two to match the elephant body and two to match the dress
* freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
* Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (optional, but recommended)
The finished Emma is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat) and she stand on her flat-bottomed feet with no props or other assistance. Cool!
This is a very easy pattern - appropriate for beginners and kids. Can you whipstitch? Then you can do this! (Not sure if you can whipstitch? The pattern includes a link to a video showing how - and I teach the stitch to kids as young as 3. You can totally do it!)
This pattern is really perfect for portable work - or handwork while you watch TV. You'll be whipping up a horde of party animals in no time! Get the pattern now. (And I actually mean now. It's an instant download.)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. Have fun!View all patterns by designer (142) »