I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. You can find out more about me on my blog, ShinyHappyWorld.com.View all patterns by designer (147) »
That tongue! That tummy! Those furry ears! Those stubby little paws!
Buster was a softie in the Cuddle Club (members got the pattern and everything they needed to make him) and now he's available as a digital pattern for everyone!
What You Get
* A full-sized pattern - no enlarging needed.
* Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need to make your own huggable puppy - from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole . You can totally do this! It's a workshop in a pattern!
What You Need
Here's what you'll need to make this cutie. . .
* 1/2 yd. rust fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
* scraps of brown fleece for his ears
* scraps of black and brown wool felt for the nose and spots (I used Black and Coffee)
* scrap of pink fabric for the tongue
* 2 9mm safety eyes
* plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
* polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
* sewing machine, thread, basic sewing and embroidery tools
There's another version of Buster in the photos. He's made with camel fleece for the body, with the same brown ears and spots.
Can you tell that he's a little fluffier? I used the shaggier side of the cuddle fleece for his body and ears. On the main Buster I used the smooth side for his body and the shaggy side for his ears.
It's fun to mix and match!
Speaking of easy - you're going to love this one! That flappy tongue might be a new skill for you, but I show you how to do it. :-)
He's about 10 inches tall and about 10 inches wide. That's about the same size as Franklin the Fat Cat, Josephine the Elephant and Munch the Weird Thing - an excellent size for hugging.
After your purchase you'll receive an email allowing you to download the pattern instantly. Your very own Buster could be snuggling up in your lap very soon. . . :-)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.