I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. You can find out more about me on my blog, ShinyHappyWorld.com.View all patterns by designer (148) »
Meet Bertie! He's a huggable bunny with great big feet. Look at those adorable toes!
He wants to hop right into your lap and snuggle there a while. :-)
Bertie was the very first softie in the Cuddle Club (members got the pattern and everything they needed to make him) and now he's available as a digital pattern for everyone!
What You Get
* A full-sized pattern - no enlarging needed.
* Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need to make your own cuddly bunny - from sewing curves to stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole and needle-sculpting those cute toes. You can totally do this! It's a workshop in a pattern!
What You Need
Here's what you'll need to make this cutie. . .
* 1/2 yd. fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
* embroidery thread for face ( I used black)
* 2 9mm safety eyes
* scrap of pink felt for the nose
* scraps of pink satin for ear linings
* scrap of Sulky Sticky FabriSolvy (optional)
* plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
* polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
You'll also need a doll needle for sculpting those kissable toes. (Don't worry! It's easy!)
Speaking of easy - you're going to love this one! Needle-sculpting those toes is going to be a new skill for many of you. But there's a link to a video showing you how and I think you'll be surprised by how easy it is!
He's about 10 inches tall (not counting those lovely ears) and about 10 inches wide. That's about the same size as Franklin the Fat Cat, Josephine the Elephant and Munch the Weird Thing - an excellent size for hugging.
After your purchase you'll receive an email allowing you to download the pattern instantly. Your very own Bertie could be sitting in your lap very soon. . . :-)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.