from Shiny Happy World
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
Meet Bean - a member of The Dress Up Bunch.
Bean can be a girl doll or a boy doll - any cute kid with short hair! :-)
Favorite book: Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key
Favorite food: chocolate chip cookies
Favorite activity: playing with Legos
Bean is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun!
Bean has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness!
Bean is also very easy to make. I designed the pattern special that way. :-)
What You Get
* full-sized pattern for Bean and the easy play clothes you see in the photo - no enlarging needed
* detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos - you'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing it right
* links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need to complete the project
What You'll Need
* 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
* 1 sheet wool felt
* embroidery thread for the face and hair (I used Sulky 12wt. cotton thread in black #1005 and medium blue #1198)
* plastic pellets
* polyfill stuffing
* 2 9mm safety eyes
For Bean's play clothes:
* less than 1/4 yard fabric each for the shirt and shorts
* 3 9mm snaps or 4 inches of 3/8″ hook & loop tape
* 12 inches 3/8″ elastic
Bean is 17 inches tall from head to toe - 11 inches when sitting.
I designed Bean to be very easy to make - a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there's a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that's easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Bean.
The embroidered hair takes some time - but it's not difficult. It's just one basic stitch - and it's optional. Bean would look cute even without the highlights in the hair. :-)
Make Bean today! And then make some more friends from The Dress Up Bunch. And some clothes they can all share. :-) You can see more Dress Up Bunch dolls in the additional photos.
And yes - like everything at Shiny Happy World - you can sell items you make with this pattern, as long as you are making them yourself. :-)
Bean is a PDF pattern. You'll receive a link to download it immediately after your order is complete. Instant gratification!
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. Have fun!