Original Kindle Fire Cover Stand Pattern

from StudioCherie

Add your comment:

sseuroflyer on craftsy.com
sseuroflyer  November 8, 2013 5:50 AM

I am disappointed but understand your position. Your ereader covers are beautiful and exactly what I have looked for to use with my paperwhite. Thank you for your help with the pattern and my requests.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  November 8, 2013 8:20 AM

It's not a case and stand like this, but the clutch/wallet I am working on right now will fit your paperwhite and be a chic way to carry it. Watch for that pattern next week!

sseuroflyer on craftsy.com
sseuroflyer  October 26, 2013 5:18 AM

Can you design a cover for the Paperwhite like you have for the other kindle and e-readers? I can only find the paperwhite design with the diagonal elastic strips going over the corners and then it folds closed but I can't find one that is like your designs.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  November 1, 2013 7:52 AM

Thanks for asking. I know what you mean about wanting a custom, beautiful case for your Paperwhite. Unfortunately, I am not going to do the smaller e-readers. They are a lot lighter than these and have much narrower borders. It kills me to see my own mother using a commercial case for her paperwhite, but I have to draw the line somewhere (or in this case, not draw the line.) I wish I could do more, but I am just one person and I needed to move on to other projects.

sseuroflyer on craftsy.com
sseuroflyer  September 21, 2013 5:41 PM

I purchased the Simplicity 1630 pattern and found the pattern confusing to follow. Picture #6, picture #8, base raw edges together, where do you insert the kindle and how is that side finished? How is that side attached to the cover stabilizer? I can't figure it out. Would love some direction.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  September 27, 2013 8:12 AM

That is the thing about Simplicity Patterns, in this case you have the pattern piece that the other gal wanted but not my instructions which are very detailed.
I think it is always better to get the pattern directly from me when you can. That first gal who commented here is the only one who got confused on my version out of 100's who have the pattern. If you email me, I can help you. Please mention this message in your email. Cherie at StudioCherie dot com.

bugsyq331366103 on craftsy.com
bugsyq331366103  June 28, 2013 8:37 AM

I see in your instructions for the Kindle Fire Cover where we can purchase the block of wood from you. I cannot find it on the site to add it to my order.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  July 5, 2013 0:01 PM

Thanks for asking. Just email me and I will set you up with a way to buy it. i do not sell them on Craftsy. I am out of town for a few more days yet, but I can get it to you when I get back home.

bugsyq331366103 on craftsy.com
bugsyq331366103  July 5, 2013 2:37 PM

Thank you!
Would that be the help@craftsy.com email address?

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  July 12, 2013 10:16 AM

Cherie@StudioCherie.com

1352hostess on craftsy.com
1352hostess  March 28, 2013 4:16 PM

I've too have been sewing since a young child taught by my grandma. I love the looks of this case. However, the pattern and instructions are very confusing. The pictures in different colors I think add to the confusion. It's difficult to tell if they are repeating a step or adding to a step. Also, pattern pieces to cut fabric and then more pattern pieces to cut out those pieces adds to making this more complicated. I hope this helps with the other patterns you're getting ready to publish.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  July 5, 2013 11:59 AM

Thanks for your comment. Sorry I missed this when you first posted. This is a more complicated project and is not indicative of how I have written any of my other patterns. I do try to simplify my instructions down to the easiest way to put anything together. Sometimes, as In this case, there is no easy way. There are no shortcuts if you want yours to look like mine. You may find this helpful: This is out in the Simplicity catalog, Simplicity 1630. I did more detailed pattern pieces for them than I did for the PDF version. You might like that version better.

lizkiz on craftsy.com
lizkiz  January 31, 2014 1:23 PM

Will you be making patterns for ipad? I love the design.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  February 2, 2014 3:59 PM

I did make one up for the iPad but I have not had a chance to test it yet. Thanks for the reminder!

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  February 21, 2014 8:45 AM

I tested the iPad case and while it fits perfectly, the iPad is heavy and so the stand does not work as well as I would like. So it's not ready for general consumption yet.

dorsey101158494 on craftsy.com
dorsey101158494  January 8, 2013 1:12 PM

Love how this looks! Have you made a pattern for the new Kindle Fire HD yet? I'd love to make one. Thanks.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  January 10, 2013 1:42 PM

Thanks for asking. The Kindle Fire HD pattern is coming. I am making cases for them myself, so I have the pattern and notes put together, I just need to get it all into pattern format for you. I am working on my next Simplicity patterns right now and will get to the HD pattern as soon possible.

StampinTool on craftsy.com
StampinTool  January 14, 2013 8:07 AM

Have you considered making one for the ipad mini?

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  February 21, 2014 8:48 AM

The iPad mini fits in my new tablet clutch pattern. It is not the same as these.

Original Kindle Fire Cover Stand Pattern Pattern