from Charise Creates
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
By Charise Randell
These fun, petite houses make perfect ornaments or lavender sachets.
The project is small enough to use your favorite scraps.
Make them for yourself or as a fun holiday gift!
Pattern includes full size photos and instructions for paper piecing and sewing the mini cottages together. Pattern is 17 pages in total and is delivered as a PDF download.
Cozy Cottage - Approximately 4" x 4 1/2"
Petite Cottage - Approximately 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Sweet Cottage - Approximately 4 1/2" x 4 3/4"
Fabric (for each house)
A layer cake of coordinating fabric works well or use your favorite scraps.
Each petite house requires:
- F8 or large scraps for the house
- F8 or large scraps for the roof
- Fabric scraps for the windows, curtains, roof trim and door.
- Matching thread
- Fine Pins - I like Clover Flower Head Pins Fine (.045)
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler and cutting mat
- Two pieces light weight copy paper or vellum for foundation paper piecing (1 piece for each side of the house) My favorite paper is Office Depot "Translucent Vellum Paper" Item 345-644 which can be purchased online.
- 2 1/2" length of 1/2 - 5/8" wide ribbon for the chimney
- 8" length of 1/8" - 1/4" wide ribbon for the hanging loop
- Soft stuffing
- 1/4 cup lavender buds (optional)
-1/4" Button for door handle
I'm a mom of two wonderful boys, crafter and fashion designer by trade.
I love sewing and have been doing it since I was a little girl. My newest passion is quilting and I love to design paper piecing patterns.
Please check out my blog for more projects and patterns: ChariseCreates.blogspot.com : )