Add your comment:

MaryEllenR on craftsy.com
MaryEllenR  April 10, 2014 11:08 AM

I must have done something wrong! When I downloaded the pattern, it came in 26 separate pdf files to print! It that correct?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  April 10, 2014 2:48 PM

You don't have to open them all MaryEllen. Just select them all and click print and Adobe takes care of the rest. Or you can print them in sections using the letters to help you pick out parts of the pattern at a time.

fionathornton on craftsy.com
fionathornton  March 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your patterns , your instructions are so detailed and helpful too. I've made two dresses in two days and I've hardly sworn at all!! :P

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  March 30, 2014 3:35 PM

Ha ha, Fiona, your comment makes me laugh! Thank goodness for no swearing. I find swearing increases in direct relationship to seam ripping. Glad everything worked out. Will you load up the completed dresses and link them to the pattern so we can all see?

whisperfate on craftsy.com
whisperfate  March 24, 2014 3:28 PM

I found your pattern when I was looking up information on a wrap dress from Kwik Sew I ordered. (3489) I absolutely love the fabric you found for your dress it looks amazing on you. I've not sewn any clothing yet, but I would love to try your dress.
The other pattern calls for a knit with 35% stretch. It looks like most knits have a 50% stretch. (This is based off of 1 fabric site. The only one that reports how stretchy a fabric is.) In a comment below you said the fabric must have some stretch. Will a knit with 50% stretch be ok to use on your dress? If I use a high stretch material should I do anything special when i'm making it?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  March 30, 2014 3:37 PM

Yes, that should be absolutely fine. Any light to medium weight knit fabric with stretch which is designed for dress making should be fine for this pattern as it is not very fitted. If the fabric is very light and stretchy, you may find it comes out a little bigger than expected, so do carefully pick your size and measure the pattern pieces to double check you'll be happy with the fit. Hope it goes well.

eveandrew1620872 on craftsy.com
eveandrew1620872  March 23, 2014 11:05 PM

Having trouble reading actual pattern instructions and can't seem to get then enlarged - can you help please --thanks

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  March 24, 2014 6:38 AM

The instructions are in a PDF document so you should open it with Adobe Reader. Then within reader there is an option for how you want to display the page on your screen and a slider you can use to drag left and right to zoom in and out. If you still have trouble, please send details to my email - find me at http://so-sew-easy.com

Debra Lannes on craftsy.com
Debra Lannes  March 22, 2014 5:57 PM

What type of fabric would you suggest for this dress? Something with some stretch?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  March 23, 2014 5:17 PM

Yes, it will certainly need to have stretch because there isn't any zipper or other opening. The blue and white dress you see here is made with an ITY knit, so a light to medium weight knit fabric with a moderate stretch would give the best result.

justoldeb on craftsy.com
justoldeb  January 27, 2014 5:16 AM

thank you so much for the pattern! Mine downloaded fine on windows 8.

Wrap dress Pattern