Wear Everywhere easy knit dress

from So Sew Easy

Add your comment:

mott51 on craftsy.com
mott51  August 1, 2014 7:30 AM

How many pages are there, so far I've gotten 9 instruction pages.

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  August 1, 2014 6:42 PM

Yes there are 9 pages to the instructions. If you have questions, please do send me an email, its really difficult to have a conversation here, and remember to come to all of my patterns every day to check all of the comments and questions. The email address is provided below and also in the instructions.

Margaret Hunt on craftsy.com
Margaret Hunt  July 30, 2014 5:06 PM

I love your designs and have made several of your patterns and I want to make the Everywhere easy knit dress pattern too. However, when I download I get the directions to sew, but only 1 page for the pattern itself.

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  July 31, 2014 7:11 PM

Hi Margaret. Please check out the instructions on how to print the pattern. It does come as a single sheet and the print settings you choose tile it according to your paper size. If you are still stuck, please email me at deby@so-sew-easy.com

Jeri Lloyd on craftsy.com
Jeri Lloyd  July 19, 2014 2:21 PM

This pattern didn't turn out well for me, but it wasn't the fault of the pattern! The knit I chose was too lightweight and the neckline turned out way too big and floppy. I love the way the rest of the body fit, but it wasn't salvageable. I think I might give it a try with a heavier knit and modify the neck to a V.

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  July 19, 2014 8:06 PM

Don't despair! You may be able to salvage the loose neckline with some pleats that fold at the corners or from the center outwards. Failing that, cut if off just under the bust, make a new bodice and use the rest as an empire line dress. hate to see anything go to waste.

Lilygirl81 on craftsy.com
Lilygirl81  July 7, 2014 6:03 AM

I've just printed the pattern to use on a fantastic knit fabric I bought at the weekend. Can I just check if the seam allowance is included or do I need to add it on?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  July 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Seam allowances are included on this pattern, nothing to add. At the top of the sewing instructions, it gives the width, 5/8 inch (1.25cm) included as standard on all sizes. Good luck with the sewing.

Lilygirl81 on craftsy.com
Lilygirl81  July 8, 2014 6:36 AM

Perfect, thank you so much

Shay14 on craftsy.com
Shay14  July 3, 2014 11:04 AM

It won't download through Safari for MAC IPAD...too bad, it's lovely.

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  July 4, 2014 7:41 PM

The pattern comes as a zip file to include the instructions and pattern both as separate PDF documents. It sounds like your Ipad doesn't have the right app/software to use Zip files. You can find it for free here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winzip-leading-zip-unzip-cloud/id500637987?mt=8
Hope that helps.

Rebecca P. on craftsy.com
Rebecca P.  July 3, 2014 9:15 AM

This dress is fantastic! so comfortable! I love your patterns
: D

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  July 4, 2014 7:39 PM

Thanks very much Rebecca, I hope you'll share a picture of your finished dress with us.

dansgran24127214 on craftsy.com
dansgran24127214  June 19, 2014 2:58 PM

Thank you Deby. The pattern arrived and I have printed it out. Betty

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  June 20, 2014 7:12 AM

I hope the dress turns out well for you.

needler3 on craftsy.com
needler3  June 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Hi Deby, I would like to make this dress but longer, to fall just below the knee. I'm size 3 and 5ft 5in. Would 2 yards of material be enough?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  June 5, 2014 0:56 PM

Providing your fabric is wide enough to be able to get both pieces of the dress cut out next to each other, then the length of fabric you will need will be the total length from your shoulder to the hemline, plus a few inches for your seam allowance. If you have a very narrow fabric and can only cut one piece from the width, then you'll need twice as much. Hope this helps.

needler3 on craftsy.com
needler3  June 6, 2014 10:39 AM

Thanks!

dolores.d1400905293 on craftsy.com
dolores.d1400905293  May 8, 2014 1:38 PM

How would I go about making this sleeveless?

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  May 8, 2014 9:30 PM

I don't this this dress adapts well to a sleeveless version because of the nature of the wide sleeves. If you simply cut them off at the shoulder, the armhole and shape would be all wrong. Better to try a different pattern if you want a sleeveless dress.

tiffany.t1753527 on craftsy.com
tiffany.t1753527  May 5, 2014 5:37 PM

I was wondering if you had any tips on enlarging this pattern for larger clothing sizes.

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  May 6, 2014 6:43 AM

Tiffany, if you look at the way the existing sizes increase, then you should be able to follow the same increases and draw the pattern a little larger around the outside. But, as we get larger, our proportions change so its not the perfect solution. For example, just because a person has wider hips, it doesn't mean they necessarily have wider shoulders. Test it out on some cheap remnant fabric and refine the fit before cutting your good fabric.

juliehick3743382 on craftsy.com
juliehick3743382  May 2, 2014 1:02 PM

the pattern wants to print on one page even though i have it set at actual size to print

Deby Coles on craftsy.com
Deby Coles  May 2, 2014 5:21 PM

Julie, if you read the instructions that come with the pattern, it shows you there how to print so it will fit to whatever paper size you are using. There is a screen print too, to help. If you can't figure it out, please send me an email to deby@so-sew-easy.com and I'll be happy to help.

juliehick3743382 on craftsy.com
juliehick3743382  May 9, 2014 1:25 AM

Thank you I have sorted it out.

Myj698 on craftsy.com
Myj698  April 6, 2014 0:16 PM

Dress and pattern turned out great. I had trouble printing the pattern but when I followed the directions in "how to download my patterns" I realize that when you chose poster print, I separated the pattern and printed all the pieces. Putting it together was another thing all together. LOL

Wear Everywhere easy knit dress Pattern