Upcycled Slipper Pattern

from youmakeitsimple.blogspot.com

Add your comment:

TiaMaria on craftsy.com
TiaMaria  January 11, 2014 7:23 PM

I am still going around and around without finding the PDF: All i get is the brief summary, without a pattern. Because I am disabled I can only do so much in a day, and am facing up to a birthday in ten days. HELP????

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  January 17, 2014 9:14 AM

copy and paste this link into your browser and it will take you right to the page. Look for the orange "download pattern" button on the right side of the screen.

You can also go patterns and search "upcycled slipper pattern" and it should get you to the page.

The project page should get you there too. Just look for the orange "download pattern" button on the right.

I hope this was helpful. Please get back to me if you have problems.
I will be standing by.

Sugeyboo on craftsy.com
Sugeyboo  November 15, 2013 8:08 PM

Will it keep the shape and give me the same results?

Sugeyboo on craftsy.com
Sugeyboo  October 28, 2013 10:43 AM

I love this pattern but I'm allergic to wool. Is there something else I can use to get the same results?

Jacinta1129446 on craftsy.com
Jacinta1129446  November 11, 2013 5:53 AM

Have you considered using polar fleece?

Sugeyboo on craftsy.com
Sugeyboo  November 15, 2013 8:08 PM

Will it give the same results?

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  December 20, 2013 4:31 PM

The thicker fleece works better, but yes fleece works great for these slippers.

SpeedySloth on craftsy.com
SpeedySloth  February 15, 2014 6:31 AM

There are also plenty of heavyweight acrylic sweaters just waiting to be made into slippers in any thrift shop. I am allergic to wool, too, and have had no problem using "interesting" acrylic in its place. You might find some polarfleece jackets of appropriate weight to use, but I'd probably purchase new fabric if I were using fleece, since it pills and doesn't wear very well.

Sugeyboo on craftsy.com
Sugeyboo  February 21, 2014 1:46 PM

Thanks!

jorcasma81689794 on craftsy.com
jorcasma81689794  July 6, 2013 8:29 AM

what are the supplies need for these? sorry cant find it. Im new for this site

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  July 7, 2013 10:27 AM

I just updated the materials needed on the slipper pattern page. Sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't even posted. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Enjoy your day!

swfloridagal on craftsy.com
swfloridagal  May 28, 2013 10:01 PM

What is the bottom? Does it have instructions for non-slip bottoms? Is there any kind of support in these or just flat? How pretty... I'm a new sewer and probably too hard for me but curious about these questions anyway. Thank you for posting... I really love them!

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  May 29, 2013 8:38 AM

The bottom of the slippers can be made with felted wool, thick fleece and even a thin leather or suede. There are instructions on how to make the bottoms non-slip.
There are no supports, just a flat slipper, but very comfortable.
I appreciate your interest and questions. Please let me know if I can answer any further questions or concerns. Warm regards,

vt1960 on craftsy.com
vt1960  May 15, 2013 2:47 PM

Can you tell me what sizes are included when I order the pattern? I'm wanting to make a women's size 6-7 & 8-9 as well as men's size 7-8 & 9-10. Thanks so much!

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  May 16, 2013 7:55 AM

This PDF pattern includes womens sizes 2-3, or child size 13, women's 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11. Mens sizes 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10.
Thanks for your interest. Let me know if you have further questions.
Jan

Mborn2bfree on craftsy.com
Mborn2bfree  February 23, 2013 0:46 PM

What kind of fabric is this? Fleece?

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  February 23, 2013 2:42 PM

It is felted wool sweaters and the lining is fleece.

nelsontribe11 on craftsy.com
nelsontribe11  December 25, 2013 3:23 AM

Thanks for the comment, thinking about getting this to make for the family!

gpliska on craftsy.com
gpliska  December 18, 2013 0:15 PM

I love this easy pattern. The slippers turned out great! Thanks!

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  December 20, 2013 4:32 PM

You are so welcome. They look great, by the way!!!

mcgovern75 on craftsy.com
mcgovern75  February 10, 2013 0:16 PM

I just love this pattern! I've made a bunch of these from wool sweaters I had cut up and prepped for another project that didn't work so well, so I was very happy to find a use for the 'boiled' wool... everyone loves them! and they are really nice and warm.

ladybugsie on craftsy.com
ladybugsie  December 15, 2012 2:59 PM

Sizes run small. Agree with Momv ... attach cuff prior to assembling the top and bottom ... much easer to work with.

Robin Richards on craftsy.com
Robin Richards  November 11, 2012 1:03 PM

They look felted. What is the fabric used in this pattern?

momv on craftsy.com
momv  November 8, 2012 3:43 AM

I purchased this pattern the other day and i have now made 6 pairs, i would like to make a couple suggestions for anyone interested in making this. I made it to the original specifications first and found it very challenging to sew on the cuff portions, I have just your everyday sewing machine pull the sleeve attachment on the base off. I decided to go without the pull tab and attached the cuff on the slipper upper before sewing the heel together. Also you can not really see the sole seam if you sew it without doing the hiding of the seam portion. You will see when you purchase the pattern. worth the purchase by the way. they are warm and comfy. If this doesn't make sense to you just ask me questions and i will try to clarify.... LOL

cheekygreen on craftsy.com
cheekygreen  November 29, 2012 6:49 PM

thanks for the tip. I will definitely try doing the cuff first. In reading the directions I wondered if that would be a challenge. You saved me some frustration. Did you wrap it all the way around first...or just one edge and then the back so the seam would go up through the cuff before "rolling"? (I hope that made sense????)

bumpkin on craftsy.com
bumpkin  February 12, 2013 0:54 PM

would it be difficult to use leather for the sole? I am thinking of a suede leather jacket I have been hanging on to- hoping I can find a re-use for it... I think my machine will sew through this thin, malleable leather OK, but haven't a clue how bunchy the sole seam is, especially on the tighter corners... Is it thick, such as: Is there a lining for the inside of the slipper, and the upper itself, and the sole, or just the slipper sole and upper? I am SO wanting this pattern, if I can make the sole thicker than a wool sock.

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  February 23, 2013 2:49 PM

A soft leather works great for the sole. Your suede jacket would be perfect. Here is a link to a blog post I wrote about someone using leather on the soles with my patter.
There is a sole lining for the slippers. You can use fleece for the lining or a thinner sweater, or use leather for the bottom and a thinner sweater piece or fleece for the lining.
Just depends how thick you want your sole to be. I do prefer a little padding, so I like to use a thick felted sweater on the bottom.
I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions.
Jan

patzpix4u969548 on craftsy.com
patzpix4u969548  September 29, 2012 8:43 AM

What sizes are in this pattern?

momv on craftsy.com
momv  November 8, 2012 3:28 AM

It is all sizes, i purchased it, from one childs size, small 4-5 woman/6/7 mens to large 10-11.

bumpkin on craftsy.com
bumpkin  February 12, 2013 0:48 PM

so it also fits babies?

bumpkin on craftsy.com
bumpkin  February 12, 2013 3:19 PM

I guess I am not really certain of my interpretation of the term "one child size": Does this mean size ONE, child? or One of the childrens' sizes... Are babies counted as a child in sizing? --Oh, I don't suppose it matters, either way- I am fairly certain this pattern's sizing would be rather easy to alter on one's own.

J Howell on craftsy.com
J Howell  February 23, 2013 2:51 PM

Sorry I am just now seeing this post. The child size ONE is like 1. or comparable to size 13. I should reword that.
I do have the same pattern available for infants and smaller children.
Sorry about the confusion.

jassy lupa on craftsy.com
jassy lupa  August 26, 2013 5:05 AM

Thank you Jan for all your help with this pattern. Your extra help is so appreciated. Cannot wait to start sewing!

Upcycled Slipper Pattern Pattern