Spring Blouse Pattern

from CraftHabit.com Designs

Add your comment:

Tank2699 on craftsy.com
Tank2699  August 28, 2014 2:12 PM

It would be awesome if there were atleast more photos of the back so we know what it's really supposed to look like put together. The back "pattern" doesn''t look like it really goes with what the picture shows. Bummer

granmacox on craftsy.com
granmacox  August 14, 2014 11:07 AM

this is really cute... my daughter is in colllege and likes things like this over leggings or jeans...i will try to make her some.

Katherine Davies on craftsy.com
Katherine Davies  August 7, 2014 4:16 AM

Hi I am having trouble downloading this pattern could you please send it to me in a pdf or jpeg format please.
Many Thanks
Katherine Davies

RaptorLover on craftsy.com
RaptorLover  July 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Too bad about this so called Pattern. There is no pattern here to print out so I can't make this. It should be called instructions not pattern. I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure this whole thing out. I feel bad for the others that wasted their time and $ trying to make this "pattern" work.

Ashlea Brumby on craftsy.com
Ashlea Brumby  September 7, 2014 6:58 AM

Time and Money? It is free, and easy to follow.

Jlwind on craftsy.com
Jlwind  July 23, 2014 11:21 PM

I just completed this pattern with modifications and suggestions from the comments below. Here is a list of the changes that I made and suggestions that I have.

1st - I am quite *ahem* busty, so I did not make the front pieces 13" long - I took my own measurements by placing the end of the tape measure at the root of my bust and measuring up to the top of my shoulder. this is how long I made them - I did not change their width and do not feel like it would have been necessary.

2nd - at the suggestion of one of the commenters (THANK YOU!) and looking closely at the Back section in the directions - I modified the bottom of the back piece to be the same width as half the width of the Circle top. I figured out how big I wanted the arm holes to be (9") and measured that from the top of the back piece down toward the bottom. Then I measured out the new (shorter) width from the center, creating two marks on the bottom near the sides. Once you have a mark for the bottom of the arm hole and the new width, draw a line between each corresponding mark, i.e. right side to right side, left side to left side. Then cut, et voila! the back piece is now fitted. Also, since it is not mentioned at all in the pattern - cut the length at 13", not the length that you measure for the front pieces (if you modified it).

4th- After attaching the front pieces at the shoulders, I sewed the front pieces to the back piece at the sides (making sure I left the arm holes open from the previous measurement). This is not mentioned anywhere in the pattern but I knew that I didn't want it to just be open all the way. It worked perfectly.

At this point I tried the top on to make sure that everything fit (it did!)

Then sew the top piece to the circle top. To do this you place the top RIGHT SIDE out inside the circle top with the to-be-sewn edges together. this will make it so the Right sides are together on the inside. Start pinning by lining up the seam in the circle top with one of the side seams. I pinned the back before pinning the front since the front was still open. If this is confusing - youtube it. Youtube fixes everything.

All in all it was a success! I am a VERY novice sewer and yes it was frustrating that the pattern wasn't more detailed, but read through all the comments and with patience everything will work out. I highly recommend cutting out pattern pieces - it helps you look at everything before cutting into your fabric. I use craft paper from the dollar store.

Also remember that the measurements that are given do not include seam allowance! I went with an easy 1/2" seam allowance which adds a total of 1" to all your measurements.

Good Luck!

granmacox on craftsy.com
granmacox  August 14, 2014 11:10 AM

i appreciate the fact that you took the time to explain your experience with this pattern... it has been very helpful... thankyou.Reply to this comment...

trwood5115 on craftsy.com
trwood5115  June 22, 2014 0:16 AM

How do you delete this useless pattern? I'd hate to have to look at it all of the time!

Geneviève de Messières on craftsy.com
Geneviève de Messières  May 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Enjoyed this pattern but I had to think about it a bit. This is what I learned:

- The front panels are 10" wide and 13" tall, or whatever measurements work for you. No need to cut on the fold like she mentioned.

- Forget about the round cutouts in the back piece. Just cut a round piece out of the back of the neck when the project is totally done.

- The height of the back piece should be the same or a bit less than the height of the front pieces. (Less if you're busty.)

- The top width of the back piece should be your shoulder width, plus the distance down your arms you want the sleeves to go. It should match up with how far the front panels drape down your arms.

- The bottom width of the back piece should be half the top length of the skirt piece, PLUS about four inches for overlap.

- To keep the sides from gapping open, pin it so the front panels overlap the back panels a couple inches at the sides. After the shirt is all sewed together, topstitch up the sides, where the fabric is overlapped, with a coordinating color thread and a stretch stitch.

- Plan to wear a camisole under this, unless you want a plunging neckline or want to sew the front together.

Enjoy!

lunadog on craftsy.com
lunadog  June 5, 2014 4:22 PM

Merci!

KBWInkspiration on craftsy.com
KBWInkspiration  April 8, 2014 7:24 AM

I should have read the comments before I started this. I cut out some awesome printed fabric and was excited to get started, but as it started taking shape I realized that the armholes left my sides flapping in the breeze. I compensated by crafting a wide belt out of some of the fabric and sewing it under the bust line to help but it's definitely not going to be making its way through my wardrobe much.

IvonneBeegle on craftsy.com
IvonneBeegle  February 27, 2014 10:46 AM

The pattern instructions do not provide enough detail to successfully make this project. Not worth wasting my fabric on this pattern.

Sherry Swearingin on craftsy.com
Sherry Swearingin  December 31, 2013 9:00 AM

The download will not open. After reading comments I think it's just as well. Why doesn't Craftsy pull this so we don't waste our time?

sunbienchen on craftsy.com
sunbienchen  January 3, 2014 5:53 AM

I did not have any problems with opening the pattern

Paola Chamorro on craftsy.com
Paola Chamorro  October 12, 2013 6:14 PM

alguna solucin para obtener el patrn gratis facl de descargar a mi computadora?

IdaParma on craftsy.com
IdaParma  October 4, 2013 2:56 PM

Thank you ladies for the (head's up) comments before I waste fabric and lots of time. Truly appreciated. Unfortunate, since it's such a cute blouse.

tpa9599 on craftsy.com
tpa9599  July 25, 2013 1:32 PM

I really wish I would have read these comments instead of the 1 silly 5star review before downloading this pattern and buying fabric. I've made 2 "trial run" shirts now with some extra fabric my mom had instead of the expensive fabric I bought, but I still can't get it to work right! With both attempts I've had to do significant tailoring to keep it wearable and not have my chest or underarm area flapping in the wind. Cute picture of a shirt here, but the directions for how to "make" it are terrible!

trwood5115 on craftsy.com
trwood5115  June 22, 2014 0:14 AM

I agree with the poor instructions. I don't think they edit (or try to follow) the instructions. I guess anyone can submit an idea and get it on Craftsy, even without good teaching skills. All I can say is "I'm so glad it was free because it wouldn't have been worth any money!"

rturner661725903 on craftsy.com
rturner661725903  July 15, 2013 8:41 AM

Thank goodness I looked at the comments! I thought I was crazy! I can NOT figure out this pattern using the instructions. It really is frustrating. Glad I didn't buy fabric.

TammyQ on craftsy.com
TammyQ  May 26, 2013 6:01 PM

OK, for those of us who are usually home decor sewers and not garment sewers, we really do need more detail. The blouse is very cute and I would like to make it, but I don't want a costly material cutout mistake. Plus, it looks like the designer is not answering comments. Maybe this is an attempt to just get pinned/promoted, but the one thing I've learned about free promotion...the quality should be top notch if you are trying to attract buyer to the site. Craftsy really is a better site than this and I am an avid customer. I would hate for a newcomer to get turned off because a giveaway wasn't up to standard.

Bryony H on craftsy.com
Bryony H  May 19, 2013 2:31 PM

Okay, I made the top and it does require a bit of technical work. I'll happily help anyone who wants it.

justmamaj on craftsy.com
justmamaj  May 17, 2013 0:11 PM

Okay. I don't know about the top part, but I'm a math lover & figured out the lower part... Since you are drawing a quarter circle but cutting it on the fold, you end up with a half circle that needs to equal your full waist. Therefore you get your string length as follows:
Measure your underbust/chest. Add about an inch for seam allowance. Divide by 3.14159 and you have your string length/radius. So in my case, 42+1=43 ... 43/3.14159=13.68732.... So I would go with 13.75 for ease of measuring.
In all honesty though, for someone of my bustiness this top probably won't work without some serious modifications to the front panels.

Tamara Sauer on craftsy.com
Tamara Sauer  April 4, 2013 9:08 PM

I've come back to this pattern several times hoping the corrections would be made. I love the blouse, but the incomplete pattern and incomplete instructions make this impossible for me :(

TamJane on craftsy.com
TamJane  March 17, 2013 10:22 AM

I just finished looking at the pattern and the back pattern doesn;t have enough detail in order to draw the semi-circle cut outs. I get that the hem might not need to be finished with a knit but it looks like all the edges - neck and sleeves - are also left unfinished. Not sure how well that would wear. Still, it is a cute style and I'd like to try making it.

debbi-a1 on craftsy.com
debbi-a1  June 14, 2013 9:04 AM

Tam, some knits don't need hemming at all. However, ti would depends on the fabric you're using. If you are going to turn under the material to hem, you'd want to add that to your pattern.

GeniKnits on craftsy.com
GeniKnits  February 18, 2013 4:18 PM

Hi Meagan, I was unable to get my comment to post on your blog. I just saw this basic pattern and have a question. When you say the string used for drawing the circle should be the circumference of the waist, do you really mean that it is the waist measurement divided by the 3.14, which in your case is 9.55"? Because aren't we supposed to be drawing the pattern for a 1/4 circle?
Thanks,
Geni

sensbern10 on craftsy.com
sensbern10  February 16, 2014 7:19 AM

Can't open....

HillsCass on craftsy.com
HillsCass  January 28, 2013 10:42 PM

Am I missing something? There is a back pattern piece referred to in the download but not provided. It's a really pretty pattern, but it's not complete.

Yoke2 on craftsy.com
Yoke2  June 10, 2013 9:40 AM

Help wanted, i can not open my download pattern,
Maybe because i live in Belgium ?
What program i need ???

debbi-a1 on craftsy.com
debbi-a1  June 14, 2013 9:03 AM

I saw it on Page 2 with the other pieces. However, it's not complete with measurements, but I'm guessing 13 inches for the height. However, the neck isn't given. I guess measure you're own after the 10 inches for the shoulder tops. Same with the armholes, although I guess you sew it together at the bottom and whatever is left open is the armholes. I wouldn't think there would be any arm hole cutting, because the front peices don't have them. Step 5 does say to sew together the front and back, however, not how long for... I guess however open you need it.

evy521656166 on craftsy.com
evy521656166  June 26, 2013 1:55 AM

I agree. I would love to make this top but I'm not sure how to make the pattern for the back part . It looks like the front strap is 13" and straight along the side but the back part has the semi circle cut out for the arm and no dimentions. This feels like it will look strange. Plus there are no dimentions for the back piece except except the 10" either side of the neck. Also what attaches to what. I am a fairly experienced sewer but cannot work this out at all. Can we have some help?

southerns1710830 on craftsy.com
southerns1710830  July 11, 2013 1:36 PM

This top is very cute, and I would love to make it but there are missing instructions. After reading the comments it seems as though the pattern pieces are non existent. In a true infinity dress, there are no armholes, the straps that are attached are used to make the sleeves if they are desired. If you google infinity dress tutorial there are tons of tutorials available.

Spring Blouse Pattern Pattern