Basic Skills Necessary:
- how to sew a straight line backward and forward
- can keep an even seam allowance on a curve
- The following skills are also recommended: gathering, inserting elastic into a waistband, and hemming. Clear instructions are given for all of the steps, however, so a beginner who has confidence could definitely tackle this
The Pierrot Tunic features a lovely gathered neckline, swingy ease and comfortable fit and looks fantastic with jeans or leggings! The elastic neckline and sleeves can be taken out as your child grows. Pierrot can be sewn entirely with a sewing machine; no serger necessary. Instructions are also included to extend the pattern if you would like to create a Pierrot dress or longer tunic.
The 32-page eBook sewing pattern includes detailed step by step instructions, color photographs, printable instruction summary sheet and full-sized pattern pieces for NINE sizes (wow!) for babies and children. Seam allowances are included on all pattern
NOTE: This sewing pattern is intended for personal use only. A handmade sellers license for Pierrot is also available from http://www.made-by-rae.com/patterns/
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2T, 3T, 4T, 5T*
- *The 5T tunic can be easily lengthened to make a size 6 or 7 (maybe even 8??). Instructions for lengthening the pattern are included, but because we have not tested these sizes, please be aware that you will need to determine how much length to add based on other well-fitting garments in your child's wardrobe.
- Woven fabric such as shirting, cotton voile, cotton lawn, poplin, chambray, lightweight seersucker, baby wale cord, linen, flannel, or quilting cotton (see yardage chart)
- Elastic (1/4" or 3/8" wide, for neckline)
- Sewing machine (serger is optional)
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Optional: prepackaged 1/2" single-fold bias tape (or instructions for cutting your own bias tape are included in pattern)