Basic Skills Necessary:
- You should already know how to sew. Shirring instructions are included with the pattern.
A beautiful capelet pattern with an English flare. This capelet pattern is full of originality from the gathered Peter Pan collar to the shirred bodice. All of which adds to the uniqueness of the Bibury Capelet.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Small fits bust size 32" to 34". Medium fits bust size 35" to 37.5". Large fits bust size 39" to 42.5".
- Capelet fabric* (Small - 2 yards) (Medium - 2 1/4 yards) (Large 2 1/4 yards)
- Lining fabric* (Small - 2 yards) (Medium - 2 1/4 yards) (Large 2 1/4 yards)
- 1/4 yard of fusible interfacing
- Elastic thread. Dark for dark fabric and light for light fabric.
- 4 sets of hooks and eyes. Preferably size 3.
- 1 sew on snap. Preferably size 4.
- Buttons. The size of the buttons and how many is up to you, because the buttons are purely aesthetic. The hooks & eyes are used for "buttoning up" the capelet.
- Non-permanent fabric marker for marking shirr lines.
- Pins & Scissors.
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- * Recommended capelet fabrics include light & medium weight cotton, corduroy, flannel, and other light to medium weight woven fabrics. Lining fabric should be a light weight woven fabric.