from Hey June
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
The Aegean Swim Cover is a beginner-friendly hooded cover-up made from towels, perfect for throwing on after a swim. Don't worry about lugging bulky towels to the pool anymore - just throw these on the kids and they're good to go! There are 4 different styles included in this pattern: the dress, the tunic, the ruffle dress, and a raglan-style shirt for boys!
The pattern is designed to make use of the existing hems on a towel to save you work and produce a nicely finished garment. However, there are also instructions provided if you'd prefer to use terry cloth yardage.
The 67 page .pdf file includes:
- instructions for printing and taping the pattern together
- notes on choosing the best towel
- tips for making your garment unique, including a tutorial for a kangaroo pocket
- digitally illustrated directions for every sewing step
- the 47 page, digitally drawn pattern in sizes 18 months - 12 years (with a guide to print only the pages you need for the style you choose)
I'm the owner and designer of children and women's pdf sewing patterns at Hey June. I also blog with my friend Susan at Crafterhoursblog.com where we share our sewing and crafting projects for ourselves, our kids, and our homes. I live in Denver, CO with my husband and three girls.