Sew Together Bag

from SewDemented

Add your comment:

k.slawson1105704 on craftsy.com
k.slawson1105704  December 28, 2012 10:10 PM

I would really like to purchase this pattern but my family has had too much trouble with credit card numbers being stolen from PayPal. Would you please contact me at KimmyQuilts413@gmail.com? I would love to arrange another way to purchase this pattern. I apologize for leaving this as a comment but I could not find another way to reach you.

k.slawson1105704 on craftsy.com
k.slawson1105704  December 28, 2012 10:21 PM

Never mind, I found another way.

pattikaye978885 on craftsy.com
pattikaye978885  May 1, 2014 1:47 PM

I have a question before I buy this. I see there is an updated PDF. are there pictures in the new version?

pattikaye978885 on craftsy.com
pattikaye978885  May 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Oh, I just found the link to the sew along on quiltbarn. Will definitely purchase now. thanks!

stampinglyyours on craftsy.com
stampinglyyours  November 13, 2012 4:44 PM

This is an amazing bag! I love, love, love mine! Pattern has great directions.

marlenecarpes on craftsy.com
marlenecarpes  December 14, 2012 1:21 PM

Eu gostaria de comprar o padro ( I`d like to bay it). Voc, poderia, por favor, traduzir para o portugues? ( Can you, please, translete in portuguese)?
Thanks a lot
My e-mail: mcarpes1@gmail.com
Marlene Carpes

VOLLEYBAL4086887 on craftsy.com
VOLLEYBAL4086887  June 12, 2014 10:22 AM

I would like to buy the standard You could, please translate into Portuguese?

Tara Rebman on craftsy.com
Tara Rebman  November 14, 2012 8:14 AM

This bag is genius! The construction seems complicated, but is really so brilliant! Wish I'd have thought of it, lol!

prairielaura on craftsy.com
prairielaura  November 26, 2012 0:40 PM

So, so, so clever! I loved making this bag. I'm going to work on one this week for a birthday present for a fellow quilter.

brookecan1092100 on craftsy.com
brookecan1092100  December 4, 2012 6:26 PM

This bag is great! Do you sell them?

SewDemented  December 7, 2012 3:11 PM

I only sell the pattern at this time.
Thanks for the interest.
Sewdemented

Redorange1 on craftsy.com
Redorange1  December 13, 2012 2:36 PM

Oh Wow! How pretty and eyecatching this purse is.....I happened to stumble on this pic today on pinterest and love, love it!! I'm hoping to win the pattern......how exciting!

BrendaBarr on craftsy.com
BrendaBarr  December 13, 2012 5:01 PM

I am making this bag without the pin cushion to carry in my knitting bag. I would like to make another one and use laminated fabric to line the individual zipper pouches instead of interfacing. It would be perfect to carry a toothbrush, makeup, first aid supplies, etc. to work because everything would be organized in it's own compartment. I am pleasantly surprised at how easy this bag it to sew. There is nothing difficult about it---just take your time with the zippers and binding---the bag isn't hard to sew, just a bit time-consuming.

SewDemented  December 18, 2012 8:46 AM

Great idea! It does take me about 3 hours to complete the bag, and I have made several of them!
SewDemented

marlenecarpes on craftsy.com
marlenecarpes  December 14, 2012 1:22 PM

Thanks a lot
My e-mail: mcarpes1@gmail.com
Marlene Carpes

SewDemented  December 18, 2012 8:44 AM

I am sorry, but at this time I have no way to translate the pattern into portuguese. You could try some of the online translators.
SewDemented

nzfloss on craftsy.com
nzfloss  December 23, 2012 10:39 PM

I was looking forward to making this bag and I'm glad I set aside a chunk of time to do it. It all came together so well - the measurements are perfect and the instructions are easy to follow. I was tempted to hand stitch the bindings as I'm not a quilter but I took a deep breath and was pleasantly surprised at how straight I managed to stitch in the ditch! I think next time I'll leave the cutting of the outer layer until I've finished the lining - my outer was too short because of the way I sew zips so I had to add an inch on either end. But a cute fabric turned this extra strip into a design feature! Overall a great pattern with some techniques I hadn't used before. I'll be making many more...

SewDemented  December 27, 2012 10:33 AM

It was not you! The inner lining pattern does turn out about 1 inch longer than the outer piece. In the directions it tells you to trim the inner lining to match the outer piece. I had to do this because when I had the lining pieces measurement exactly correct, the pattern testers mixed up the pieces too easily. So never fear just trim off the extra ! I am glad you enjoyed the pattern!

Froschkoenigin on craftsy.com
Froschkoenigin  January 18, 2013 0:58 PM

SewDemented, can you please recheck the measurement of the fusible interfacing? I wonder why B1 and 4 differ from 2 and 3... Thanks!

SewDemented  January 20, 2013 7:24 PM

Thanks for the info! It is a typo... the size of the interfacing should be the same as the lining piece.
I will correct this asap!

SewDemented  January 22, 2013 5:29 PM

The pattern has been corrected! Thanks for the information!

Froschkoenigin on craftsy.com
Froschkoenigin  January 23, 2013 9:15 AM

Thanks a lot for the fast response and update! Will start sewing soon, fabric is already cut. :-)

SueAnn Wirick on craftsy.com
SueAnn Wirick  January 21, 2013 9:43 PM

I loved this bag and HAD to make it. It does take some time but worth the effort. I would really have to love the quilter friend to make one for her. I liked the idea of using laminates for the pockets to stash toothbrush and make up.

favreaux on craftsy.com
favreaux  July 10, 2014 10:37 AM

Does anyone know of a website for buying the zippers needed for this pattern? I would like to buy them in bulk if possible. thank you Lisa

quartermilequilts on craftsy.com
quartermilequilts  July 10, 2014 1:19 PM

Zip It on Etsy is a great place to buy zippers and she ships quickly!

RedBlueCat on craftsy.com
RedBlueCat  July 10, 2014 9:36 PM

wawak.com -- Wawak Sewing Supplies has more zippers than any one person could put in in a lifetime, working nonstop. Maybe 20 choices of type, most of which come in 27 colors. Many of the zippers come in inexpensive bundles of 25 (each a different color at a great price. They are currently on sale; and if you're paying their regular price (sharply discounted) you can get quantity discounts for 10 or more of the same item. Plus they have items I've never even thought about buying online. Could spend hours going through their site.

JulieKSU91 on craftsy.com
JulieKSU91  July 17, 2014 7:05 PM

RedBlueCat - I cannot find any nylon ones on their site that work for this.

QuarterMileQuilts - agreed! ZipIt is awesome!!!! I love her long pull zippers!!!

19carrieann84 on craftsy.com
19carrieann84  January 30, 2013 9:53 PM

I seem to be the only one confused by the directions, but I am stuck. I guess I'm one of those people who needs step by step pictures to be able to figure this out. Im in the middle of step 3 and can't figure out where I'm supposed to be zig zagging. HELP!!

19carrieann84 on craftsy.com
19carrieann84  January 30, 2013 10:14 PM

Step 4 I mean...it's at the bottom of pg 5.

SewDemented  February 1, 2013 9:40 AM

Please e-mail me at sew demented@gmail.com and I will help you personally.

SewDemented  February 1, 2013 9:43 AM

Sorry I put a space there it is sew demented@gmail.com. I will try to find your email.

SewDemented  February 1, 2013 9:45 AM

It is spell check that is doing it: sewdemented@gamail.com
Sorry about that

Mizika on craftsy.com
Mizika  February 8, 2013 4:21 AM

I would love to see a video... Im a visual lerning.. and I dont get it just from reading..... thanks

SewDemented  February 11, 2013 5:03 PM

if you send me an e-mail i can help you out with the steps you don't understand

Mizika on craftsy.com
Mizika  February 18, 2013 1:41 AM

Im actually at the step 6: attaching side panels to lining.. I dont get it how do it right !! my email is mhadaime@gmail.com thanks.

Mizika on craftsy.com
Mizika  February 19, 2013 4:02 AM

The step 6 i got it.. my problem is how to sew in the botton betwen the pockets... i belive it is step 7.... anyway.. i need more photos or some kind of help !! many thanks mimi

Mancity0327 on craftsy.com
Mancity0327  April 27, 2014 4:13 AM

Try http://quiltbarn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sew-long.html
Her sew along to this provides step by step photos

julibeme1234919 on craftsy.com
julibeme1234919  February 8, 2013 8:38 AM

I can't seem to place an order.

SewDemented  February 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Thanks for the information, Iim not sure what the problem is but whenever I have contacted the help desk, they have been very good. Their e-mail is: help@craftsy.com

seaschellquilts on craftsy.com
seaschellquilts  February 10, 2013 8:53 AM

Loved making this bag! The construction is so clever, and the instructions were clear. Can't wait to make another one!

19carrieann84 on craftsy.com
19carrieann84  February 12, 2013 2:37 PM

I have made two bags already and I am working on a third. I am trying to line this with clear vinyl for a make-up bag. So far it is working well it is just extra work and a pain in the rumpus. I have figured out a way to take the pocket linings out of the bulk of the side seam since the vinyl will create so much bulk. I am really living the challenge though :)

SewDemented  February 12, 2013 4:35 PM

Good for you! I haven't tried it with vinyl yet, but it is on the to do list.

OmaTrisha on craftsy.com
OmaTrisha  March 5, 2013 0:21 PM

Lining it with PUL would be easier since PUL isn't so bulky.

JulieKSU91 on craftsy.com
JulieKSU91  July 17, 2014 7:08 PM

Do you have a Teflon foot? That will help with vinyl. You can also put Scotch tape on the bottom of your presser foot. Or post it notes all over your machine, with the exception of the feed dogs. Or cover the vinyl with tissue paper or Press-N-Seal wrap.

northerngal on craftsy.com
northerngal  April 15, 2014 4:10 PM

Hello, I would like to teach this pattern at a local quilt shop. Could you please contact me regarding this. Thank you. hobbs.j@shaw.ca

northerngal1 on craftsy.com
northerngal1  April 15, 2014 4:20 PM

Just wanted to add a comment to the above. I just realized I have two accounts. I am also northerngal1. Northerngal1 is the name under which I purchased you pattern. Love the pattern! Thanks

KrissyMissE on craftsy.com
KrissyMissE  April 22, 2014 10:47 AM

For those of you that have made the bag, do you think it would be possible to use laminated fabric, or too bulky?

Mancity0327 on craftsy.com
Mancity0327  April 27, 2014 4:06 AM

You would struggle, at certain points of the bag you are sewing many many layers together

KrissyMissE on craftsy.com
KrissyMissE  April 27, 2014 10:58 PM

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

SewDemented  April 30, 2014 7:16 AM

I have used laminated fabrics. It is more difficult but mostly because laminated fabrics are harder to deal with.

jsellgren on craftsy.com
jsellgren  June 9, 2014 9:26 PM

I made the insides of the zippered pouches laminated type fabric and it was just fine. Didn't notice a difference. The only thing to remember is watch out for the iron - and once you sew a seam - the wholes from the needle will show if you have to rip out any of the stitches. but not a problem.

JulieKSU91 on craftsy.com
JulieKSU91  July 17, 2014 7:16 PM

I like to use zippers longer than what I need so I get more clearance on my machine. Will 10" zippers be okay or do I have to get 9"? I have lots of 18" already.

JulieKSU91 on craftsy.com
JulieKSU91  July 17, 2014 8:37 PM

Okay, I purchased this. It's not set up to use longer zips. Rats.

rms601573153 on craftsy.com
rms601573153  July 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Love this bag and have made it before. Are you the gal that did the free pattern and tutorial a few years ago? Have purchased the pattern and can't wait to get started.

favreaux on craftsy.com
favreaux  July 11, 2014 1:39 AM

Thanks every one for your fast reply to my question. I will look right away at these sites, then order, and onto my new project! I can't wait to get started.
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

buzzknit on craftsy.com
buzzknit  June 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Love this pattern - I found the pattern very well written, I felt that for my level of sewing it was fun and I easily followed the pattern. I found the photos were perfect and I was able to get my answer when looking at the pictures provided. I will be making more of these for sure, thanks for a great pattern.

Gabi Frankenstein on craftsy.com
Gabi Frankenstein  April 25, 2014 11:03 AM

Hello I bought the great pattern and am going to sew the pocket. One question I may also sell the finished stitched pockets?

love greetings Gabi

SewDemented  April 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Gabi at this time I don't offer a license for selling bags that are made.

perfectionnotincluded on craftsy.com
perfectionnotincluded  April 30, 2014 10:08 AM

Do you think that you will in the future? Or are you planning on selling finished products?

FlourishingPalms on craftsy.com
FlourishingPalms  June 6, 2014 7:59 PM

This is a darling bag design! It's very creative. However, I've been sewing for 30 years and found this pattern difficult to follow. I found two errors in my print copy, and only by reading aloud to myself could I puzzle through several steps. Instructions are in need of better verbiage, and diagrams.

driarrigo1287472 on craftsy.com
driarrigo1287472  February 18, 2014 6:27 AM

Im having problems printing the pattern. Could you please send me the measurements. I really want to start this project today. thanks, Adriana (arrigonidri@gmail.com)

driarrigo1287472 on craftsy.com
driarrigo1287472  February 18, 2014 6:28 AM

For the side panels forgot to specify.kkk thanks

tigergrad on craftsy.com
tigergrad  February 14, 2014 9:30 PM

I LOVE this bag and plan to make more and am I very happy with the end result. However, I was very disappointed in the lack of pictures and detail in the pattern. I've never purchased a pattern from Craftsy before, but for $12 for a .pdf download I had much higher expectations.

toomy1710784435 on craftsy.com
toomy1710784435  March 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Yes, ...please, how the pictures from the details in pattern ???? many moneys....

Greetings from north Germany from Inge

Mancity0327 on craftsy.com
Mancity0327  April 27, 2014 4:12 AM

Try
She helpfully provides step by step photos as part of her sew a long

pattypiecer on craftsy.com
pattypiecer  June 7, 2013 11:53 AM

I have left comments about this bag on my project page, but so sorry I did not comment on your page. I bought your pattern, made 5 of these the first go around. I gave four of them away. Then I took it in to my LQS and they asked me to teach it. I taught four women and they are all hooked!! I gave one to one of my friends and she bought the pattern and made four for her friends. It is like potato chips, one bag is not enough. I would say some pictures would help with the initial bag. But once you have it down, it is a piece of cake. And the bag is AWESOME. I have so far made ten with three more cut out. All gifts. My friends and family are lucky .......l,ol Keep up the good work.
Pattypiecer in Florida.

AnjaN on craftsy.com
AnjaN  July 6, 2013 2:24 PM

Could you please give the measurements of the side panel pieces? The length of the top would be enough, I just want to check that I got my printer to print this exactly to scale. Thanks!

mjnauert on craftsy.com
mjnauert  August 8, 2013 9:39 AM

I think the pouch is cute, but can't see spending 12 dollars on it. I would pay 8 or 9. But it is a pouch, and I would have to justify the total cost of the pouch, with fabric, zippers and pattern to be reasonable. This one could get pricey. All of that being said, if you are looking for a great pouch with many divided pockets, this is a good design. I have friends who have made it, and they love the ending results.

mjnauert on craftsy.com
mjnauert  June 13, 2014 0:05 PM

don't misunderstand me. If I could justify the cost of the pattern, I would buy it. One justification, for example, would be if a friend wanted this bag in a swap, or if I knew someone that would really enjoy getting this pouch as a gift. I would then buy it. But just for myself, I wouldn't spend that much (meaning the total cost, not the just the pattern) on a pouch. Many of my friends have made this bag, and absolutely love it.

GesauseQuilterin on craftsy.com
GesauseQuilterin  August 10, 2013 2:19 AM

So nice! We worked for hours, but the result is great! Will do more the following week! Instruction was good, need to read careful several tomes, but I'm not a native english speaker and get! Looking forward to see more projects of you! 5 stars for the pattern!
morgaine

nancybelle on craftsy.com
nancybelle  September 13, 2013 0:31 AM

I followed so many pages to get here, only to find it was not a free project. I saw it and I knew instantly I needed to make it for my friend, she carries a large bag (purse) and is ALWAYS searching for, well everything! I just don't have the $ right now to make her a gift so am putting it on my wish list .... someday, maybe. I love the design and it is cute AND functional.

natalia.p2414298 on craftsy.com
natalia.p2414298  November 18, 2013 1:08 PM

Please I need help! I bought your pattern, I'm from brazil and need step by step pictures , I'm confused! I'll send you an email, can you help me? sorry my english

seulau on craftsy.com
seulau  February 27, 2014 2:10 AM

I am having trouble visualizing Step 2. It says to lay a pair of pocket linings between each piece (B1-B4). I can't tell from the diagram, are these pocket linings stacked one atop the other? RST or WST? Thanks!

SewDemented  February 27, 2014 7:59 AM

It doesn't really matter, this step is only to help you keep the pieces orderly. The testers & my students tended to get the pieces confused without it. It is very easy to mix them up or loose this many pieces.

Mancity0327 on craftsy.com
Mancity0327  April 27, 2014 4:10 AM

Have you seen Quilt Barns Sew Together quilt along http://quiltbarn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sew-long.html
She provides step by step photos to make this bag - so much clearer than the photos in the instructions

Sew Together Bag Pattern