Basic Skills Necessary:
- Beginner - Someone who has taken a basic sewing class or learned to sew from a book, is familiar with working a sewing machine, and has completed a few simple projects.
Sew a faux envelope clutch with a secret pocket in FIVE sizes using this sewing pattern.
I wanted to make an envelope style clutch, but without having to try to fold the fabric into an envelope shape neatly and then do a lot of hand stitching. This design fakes the folds and makes it very easy to sew. The fake fold on the front conveniently becomes a pocket.
Size 1 makes a nice clutch, Size 2 & 3 are good for eReaders and mini tablets, Size 4 is great for phones, and Size 5 is perfect for a business card/mini wallet.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Size 1 - 10.25" x 5.75" (26 x 14.5cm)
- Size 2 - 8.25" x 5.5" (21 x 14cm)
- Size 3 - 7.5" x 5" (19 x 13cm)
- Size 4 - 5.5" x 3.25" (14 x 8.25cm)
- Size 5 - 4" x 2.75" (10 x 7cm)
- 1/4 - 1/3 yard exterior fabric
- 1/4 - 1/3 yard lining fabric
- 1/4 - 2/3 yard fusible interfacing
- 1/4 - 1/3 yard fusible fleece
- 1 or 2 Size 24 Long Prong Snaps (other snaps ok too)
- Snap Pliers (required)
- 1/4 machine foot with guide (recommended)
You Will Also Need:
- General sewing notions - machine, thread, scissors, etc.