Add your comment:

astoro_no1100141 on craftsy.com
astoro_no1100141  April 21, 2014 4:25 PM

I dont see anywhere saying need fabric for piping...i need right? how long? how big?

Kate Broughton on craftsy.com
Kate Broughton  March 8, 2014 1:07 PM

I am very frustrated. I have tried several times to contact the designer with questions and have had no response. There are several places in the instructions where the photographs are so bad that you have to make a huge leap of faith to reconcile instructions with the pictures.

Since the designer hasn't replied perhaps someone else who has made this pattern could help. Re: the zipper, I purchased the 22" separating sweater zipper from Joann as she indicated in the intro. Her instructions say to cut off the extra "so it measures from top of zipper tape to bottom 14.5. Does this mean to the bottom of the zipper TAPE or the bottom of the zipper teeth? I'm concerned about this because when I marked where the cut-off would be and then test-pinned the zipper in place, it seemed like it wouldn't go all the way around the bag. I don't want to whack off the extra zipper and then be stuck with something too short.

Likewise on Step 11, instructions say "stitch top end of zipper to top end of spine..." Does this mean top end of zipper tape, or does it mean the point where the teeth and the zipper pull begin? When I basted the spine to the top of the zipper tape, there was about a 1" gap between the seam line and the zipper pull and it looks very sloppy.

I'd like to get this thing done asap because it was supposed to be a gift for a Feb. 22 birthday. I've been waiting since Feb. 14 for a response from the designer but have since given up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  March 13, 2014 1:23 PM

Wow, Kate, sorry you are frustrated. I don't have any unanswered emails from you, so I can't help you there. But perhaps this will help:
Don't make it look sloppy, attach it just before the zipper teeth start so there is no gap. As for worrying about the length, you can pin it all in place before you cut the end of the zipper off, so you have confidence that it will fit.
I hope that helps!

adluna on craftsy.com
adluna  July 15, 2013 10:18 AM

I'm trying to buy this pattern, but nothing happens when I click on the "Add Pattern to Cart". The same, when I click "Save To Wishlist". What gives?
I finally managed to select it by going to the designer's page, http://www.craftsy.com/user/670962/pattern-store, and selecting it from there and clicking on the "Add Pattern to Cart" in the pop-up window.

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  July 15, 2013 10:31 AM

I had a couple of tiny glitches on here this morning too. Someone said Craftsy works best in Google Chrome. I am on Internet Explorer right now, so maybe that is your issue too? I am glad you figured it out. Happy sewing!

JaneyQuilts on craftsy.com
JaneyQuilts  April 27, 2013 4:57 PM

Hi Cherie, This is great! Will a checkbook fit? Thanks ~

JaneyQuilts on craftsy.com
JaneyQuilts  April 27, 2013 9:44 PM

Oops, realized the measurements are already posted...nvm ;)

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  April 28, 2013 3:04 PM

I will be putting out another one that is sized for checkbooks - it is what I have been carrying for a while now to test it. It holds a checkbook AND the small sized Kindle e-reader. I have been fussing with what is best for pockets and how to include my reading glasses. The padding I put into that one made it come together different than this small wallet, so it has to be a whole new pattern.

adluna on craftsy.com
adluna  July 15, 2013 10:29 AM

I'm looking forward to that pattern. It would be nice if it would also fit a Nook Simple. A place for glasses is a real plus.

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  July 15, 2013 10:29 AM

Now, if you look here:
You can see that sew Kate took my instructions in the pattern for making it a bit longer, and added 1.5" which made it fit her checkbook. It looks fantastic too.
So, yes, you can make it big enough for the checkbook, you will be lengthening a few of the pattern pieces.

Kokoquiltz on craftsy.com
Kokoquiltz  July 17, 2013 5:38 AM

Excellent, thank you!

donnajay314 on craftsy.com
donnajay314  December 27, 2013 10:36 AM

I sew and this pattern in way too confusing.... disappointed :(

WendySews on craftsy.com
WendySews  December 29, 2013 6:51 AM

I struggled with understanding this pattern as well.

donnajay314 on craftsy.com
donnajay314  December 29, 2013 11:15 AM

Unless you are the worlds best sewer and have a PROFESSIONAL sewing machine and enjoy pictures then do not download this pattern. 4 days on this... absolutely horrible... gave up

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  December 31, 2013 9:35 PM

Donna and Wendy, sorry you spent time on it. It is an advanced project. I know sometimes people are looking at things from their phones and not able to read all of the description. I do try to discourage people from getting this one if they are not ready for it. Maybe one of these days, I will do it in video format, but it will not make the doing it any easier. Thank you for adding your comments here, maybe it will save someone else from getting a pattern they are not ready for.

WendySews on craftsy.com
WendySews  January 5, 2014 7:13 AM

Hi Donna, I am not speaking against this pattern at all. I just need to spend more time with it and email you with questions. I am a very experienced seamstress and love the patterns that I see on your site. I will be back for more patterns soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to get in touch with me privately. I really, really appreciate it.

StudioCherie on craftsy.com
StudioCherie  January 7, 2014 9:50 AM

You are welcome Wendy. That is the beauty of buying directly from the designer. Thanks for the kind words. :) Cherie

Sandra Petersen on craftsy.com
Sandra Petersen  January 12, 2014 8:27 AM

hi there, I started sewing it today and yes you sometimes have to read things twice or more often till it gets clear. it is like donna said, you have to sew it and than youll understand what is ment.
I am not an advanced sewer (sorry my english isnt the best) and started sewing one year ago but I think Ill get a really great resultat.
So please dont give up, the pattern only needs time and yes sometimes you have to rip seams (I did it 4 times in one section till I understand what I had to do ;) ) but it is worth it. sandra

Professional Zip Around Wallet Pattern