Carry-on Sized Trolley Sleeved Duffle

from StudioCherie

Add your comment:

DeniseLamb on craftsy.com
DeniseLamb  December 11, 2013 4:46 AM

Is this bag lined? If not, how are the seams finished? I hate raw edges, and binding the seams (with all those layers) really stresses my machine.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  December 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Denise, I know from our emails that you answered your own question by getting the pattern and making it! Thank you!

Marilyn4405633 on craftsy.com
Marilyn4405633  August 30, 2013 7:15 PM

I just wondered if I could trade the pattern I bought for this one because I will never be able to understand how to do that one and I don't want to pay for another pattern that I still might not be able to make but you did say that this one was easier

Carriemak on craftsy.com
Carriemak  July 29, 2013 8:21 AM

If you ever need a pattern tester I would like to apply!

Jacquita on craftsy.com
Jacquita  July 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Thank you for your reply. You mentioned in the trolley duffle pattern that you are using something different than the webbing, can this be done on the bag you suggested? Can I use other materials for it other than Home Dcor Fabric? Or is that the better one to use?

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  July 18, 2013 7:33 PM

I do not use the jute webbing in either of these patterns. I do use pre-made 1" wide webbing though. I do give lots of options for fabric use in the pattern.

Jacquita on craftsy.com
Jacquita  July 18, 2013 10:40 AM

I got so excited when I saw this pattern and I would love to make . We travel about 6 months out of the year as well as cruise once a year. I would really prefer waiting until you have finished the pattern with the pockets. Do you know when you will have it finished. Also will it be a separate pattern or an add on to this one.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  July 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Jacquita - you are living the life! Here is the first version of the zippered one with lots of inside pockets:
Size comparison:
Trolley Sleeve Duffle 18x11x9
Departure Satchel 15x12x6+

It is smaller but I love it. If you are on a cruise that includes an overnight excursion or an extensive day trip where you might need a change of clothes or something, this is great to have as one of your bags.

I will be doing another size or 2 this summer-take offs of the Departure Satchel.

I hope that helps!

Solely Sewing on craftsy.com
Solely Sewing  June 19, 2013 0:50 PM

Are there anymore views to this project??

delorescr1124719 on craftsy.com
delorescr1124719  June 19, 2013 0:42 PM

HI! I was wondering what the inside is like when making this? Thank you!

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  June 20, 2013 10:51 AM

I answered over on Facebook too. This one has just space inside. I am working up a new pattern with inside pockets. I am super excited about it and can hardly wait to share it here.

mschmodie on craftsy.com
mschmodie  June 27, 2013 5:07 PM

Do you have an ETA for inside pocket version? I'd like to make the bag for a September trip.

Cherie Killilea on craftsy.com
Cherie Killilea  June 28, 2013 8:11 AM

It is a more advanced pattern, but it is turning out awesome. I am working on it now, so it should be out in time for you.

Carry-on Sized Trolley Sleeved Duffle Pattern