Basic Skills Necessary:
- Use your sewing machine. Experience basting, binding and quilting a quilt top.
This is a great excuse to hit the local thrift store! Have fun collecting mens dress shirts in a variety of prints and patterns to create this one-of-a-kind quilt. The majority of the piecing uses 2 1/2'' strips, so if shirting isn't your thing, you can substitute your favorite pre-cut roll (like a jelly roll) for most of the top.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished Size: 66'' x 80''
- 14 Large or XL blue mens dress shirts washed, and ironed with starch
- 6 Large or XL red/pink mens dress shirts washed and ironed with startch
- 3/4 yard fabric for binding
- 4 yards fabric for backing
- 70 x 90'' batting
- Coordinating thread
- Ruler with a 30 degree angle marking