from Shiny Happy World
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
It's a riot of crazy colored flowers!
The pattern is so much more than just a pattern. It's really an applique workshop disguised as a pattern. :-) If you know how to use your sewing machine, you can make this cuddly flower quilt!
There are links to videos teaching you three different applique techniques - needle turn, machine applique, and applique with fusible adhesive - and the pattern includes pieces laid out special to work with printable products. Why not make the most of the fact that it's a digital pattern and skip the tracing altogether?
I used applique with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The only handwork was the final step of the binding. That's my favorite part to do by hand because it gives me some lap time with my new quilt. :-)
There are twelve applique patterns which you can make into a crib, nap, or twin-sized quilt.
You can also use the applique patterns on their own to embellish T-shirts, make tote bags, pillows and more. You can even shrink them down to use as embroidery patterns. :-)
What You Get
* Twelve pretty flower applique patterns - full size so there's no enlarging needed
* Reversed and exploded applique patterns for use with freezer paper or fusible adhesive. Every piece has the name of the flower on it so it's easy to assemble after you've cut it all apart. It works great with printable freezer paper sheets or printable fusible adhesive sheets. No tracing!
* Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos - you'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing it right
* Links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need to complete the project. It's a workshop disguised as a pattern! The main instructions are for applique with fusible adhesive, but the pattern also has instructions and pattern pieces for any applique technique.
* Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
* Instructions for assembling the quilt - layering, basting, quilting and binding - with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
What You Need (look at the photos to see the different sizes)
Crib Size (47.5″ square)
* 2 1/8 yards of a variety of green fabrics
* a variety of prints in flower colors (get at least 4 fat quarters, but you'll probably want more for variety)
* 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
* 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (47.5″ x 57″) - This is the size that I made for my daughter, Jo - backed with soft Cuddle Fleece.
* 2 1/2 yards of a variety of green fabrics
* a variety of prints in flower colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you'll probably want more for variety)
* 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
* 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (66.5″ x 85.5″)
* 4 5/8 yards of a variety of green fabrics
* a variety of prints in flower colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you'll probably want more for variety)
* 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
* 5/8 yard binding fabric
* batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
* freezer paper (for machine applique technique)
* fusible adhesive (if using applique with fusible adhesive technique - I recommend SoftFuse for extra softness or Printable Fusible Adhesive [what I used] for no tracing and less fraying. You'll need 21 printable sheets for crib size, 24 printable sheets for napping size, and 51 printable sheets for the twin size.)
I designed this quilt to teach applique - so it's great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers.
If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this quilt.
You Can Do It!
Are you ready to make this quilt? It's a PDF pattern so you'll get it instantly. :-)
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. Have fun!