Basic Skills Necessary:
- Basic quilting skills and Patience
This is not a hard quilt to make. It does take organization and is not one to be sewn quickly (or you'll get the colors in the wrong places). Striking in Northcott's Shimmer fabrics.
Queen is oversized at 90" x 102" so will fit any thickness of mattress. Make the outer borders a little wider for a king size bed.
Kits are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a kit.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Queen: 90" x 102"; Lap: 48" x 54"
- Outer Borders (each of 2 fabrics): Queen: 2 5/8 yds, Lap: 1 3/8 yd
- Inner Borders & darkest Blue & Purple (each of 2 fabrics): Queen: 1/2 yd, Lap: 1/3 yd
- 2nd darkest blue: Queen: 1/3yd, Lap: 1/4 yd
- 3rd darkest blue: Queen: 5/8 yd, Lap 1/4 yd
- 4th, 5th & 6th blue (each): Queen: 1 yd, Lap: 1/2 yd
- 7th blue: Queen2/3 yd, Lap:1/3 yd
- 8th blue:5/8 yd, Lap: 1/3 yd
- 2nd darkest purple: Queen: 1/2 yd, Lap: 1/4 yd
- 3rd darkest purple: Queen: 1/2 yd, Lap: 1/3 yd
- 4th purple: Queen: 2/3 yd, Lap: 1/3 yd
- 5th purple: Queen: 1/2 yd, Lap: 1/4 yd
- Darkest Orange: Queen: 1/4 yd, Lap: 1/8 yd
- 2nd & 3rd darkest orange: Queen & Lap: 1/8 yd each
- 4th orange/yellow: Queen: 1/3 yd, Lap: 1/8 yd
- 5th orange/yellow: Queen and Lap: 1/8 yd
- Binding: Queen: 7/8 yd, Lap: 1/2 yd
- More detailed fabrics and metric amounts are on the pattern
You Will Also Need:
- Square ruler 6 1/2 inches and 12 1/2 inches for Queen
- Square ruler 6 1/2 inches for Lap
- Rotary cutter, mat, long ruler for cutting
- Design wall is helpful
- Freezer bags to keep fabrics in order