Add your comment:

itssewsally on craftsy.com
itssewsally  January 28, 2014 1:50 PM

Ladies,
I am running a test now,
stay tuned...LOL!
Sally

Lilly K on craftsy.com
Lilly K  January 28, 2014 9:06 AM

Would also appreciate the reply to Belinda's question. Can reply on this post if possible. Thank you!

itssewsally on craftsy.com
itssewsally  January 28, 2014 0:19 PM

Hi Lilly,
lets see, can this quilt be made with cotton? I do not recommend it.

I do not add any batting when I use flannel, because with 4 layers of flannel and all the stitching it doesn't need it! another advantage to flannel is its body, warmth and it is much less likely to wrinkle!

strait up cotton would be very flat and light weight ~and that may be ok, but it is not how I intended the pattern to be constructed and can not recommend it until I have an opportunity to run a test myself. (and I will run a test here shortly) ;o)

your option would be to make up a mini test of 6 squares & appliques stitched, clipped and shredded just like you would finish your quilt, then throw it in the wash and dryer. a good test and you can get a little practice!

With Kind Regards,

Sally

Lilly K on craftsy.com
Lilly K  January 28, 2014 7:01 PM

Thank you so very much for your input. I truly appreciate it.

itssewsally on craftsy.com
itssewsally  January 31, 2014 2:35 AM

Hi Lilly,
I'm repeating my post hopeing you will find this, :)
my first test did not go well! I can fix the issues I encountered and may have to create a cotton fabric version of my patterns, but the way my patterns are written now (for Flannel) will not give you good results with cotton.

Lilly K on craftsy.com
Lilly K  February 7, 2014 3:39 PM

Thank you so very much for your reply. Good Luck!

Belinda Ellis on craftsy.com
Belinda Ellis  January 26, 2014 9:04 PM

Would it be possible to make this quilt in cotton fabric. I don't ever see a lot of pretty flannel fabric that I really like. Is it possible for you to email me to answer: cfapasadena@gmail.com. I love this quilt and want to make it for me granddaughter expected in July.

Diane Manners-Chapman on craftsy.com