Basic Skills Necessary:
- needleturn applique or blanket stitch applique
- basic embroidery stitches, running, backstitch, French Knots
- basic sewing skills
- rotary cutter
As you all know I love Autumn...and all things Autumn, falling leaves, harvest time, pumpkins, so it seemed appropiate to bring them together in this pattern.
I love wool applique but don't use it a lot in my designs, but this one was a dream to make, quick and easy with stunning results.
Why not give your house that lovely Autumn feel with these quick and easy designs.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Table throw 115cm approximately
- Pumpkin Table Runner. approximately 55cm x 105cm
- Penny Rug: approximately 22 1/2" round
- Wall hanging or Table centre: approximately 20" square
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- tablethrow: 120cm square of calico 120cm backing fabric and wadding 40cm binding fabric
- Wall Hanging or Table Centre: 20" square quilted calico or fabric or your choice. 20" square of backing fabric,
- Penny Rug:75cm black felt, background and pennies FQ orange felt, pumpkin and pennies FQ tan felt, pumpkin and pennies FQ of 2 different greens, small pumpkin, leaves and pennies scraps of brown, light tan or cream for stems and bird embroidery threads to match felt, plus another green for stitching tendrils and black or deep brown or bird details
- Pumpkin Table Runner: Background fabric 60cm x 112cm Backing fabric wadding 3 different scraps of orange 8" x 6" 3 different scraps of green 4" square 2 different scraps of brown 2" square 1 scrap of green/brown 5" square 1 scrap of black or grey 2" square matching thread for applique black embroidery thread for bird details mid green embroidery thread for tendrils and leaf details Roxanne's glue